UKC

Overpants/ Waterproof trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 glenn0010 18 Feb 2020

Hi All,

I had a pair of Berghaus Deluge over pants (Gortex). There were alright for around town, however on the mountains (scottish and alpine stuff). they weren't the most durable and started leaking.

Can anyone reccomend and over pants or trousers which are durable for mountineering? 

Cheers

lone 18 Feb 2020
In reply to glenn0010:

Hi

I use Paramo Mens Cascada II, they are really good, side zips allow for good ventilation. They vary in price as some retailers doing offers but around £130-£150

I've found they are very comfortable in the worst of British weather, you won't want any other leg layers on with these water proofs, and they never feel clammy. When the weather improves on the day just unzip the sides to allow air flow and they are really comfortable. Pricey I suppose, but I'll still have them in 10 years time. You could always go to a retailer and try them on.

Cons, - I can't think of any really.

L

Post edited at 14:35
Removed User 18 Feb 2020
In reply to lone:

> Hi

> I use Paramo Mens Cascada II, they are really good, side zips allow for good ventilation. They vary in price as some retailers doing offers but around £130-£150

> I've found they are very comfortable in the worst of British weather, you won't want any other leg layers on with these water proofs, and they never feel clammy. When the weather improves on the day just unzip the sides to allow air flow and they are really comfortable. Pricey I suppose, but I'll still have them in 10 years time. You could always go to a retailer and try them on.

> Cons, - I can't think of any really.

> L

Still using an earlier version of these and an Alta2 jacket bought 12 years ago. Despite having damaged both items more than once Paramos repair service have kept patched them up and they show no signs of giving yet.

girlymonkey 18 Feb 2020
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

I feel I should get a loyalty card for their repair service! Lol.

I really like their kit and their ethics. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...