UKC

Brilliant Mountain Rescue solution

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Cairns 10 Mar 2020

Anybody think of a good reason why this wouldn't work with people?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51815807

Cheers

Andy

DerwentDiluted 10 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Cairns:

It is a common tactic in at least one MRT used to coax team members out of hiding for kit & vehicle clean night.

blackcat 10 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Cairns:Well done to alison and rachel, lucky owner getting his dog back safe.

Wiley Coyote2 10 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Cairns:

Beer and gin would work better for me (separate glasses pls)

Post edited at 20:16
In reply to Wiley Coyote2:

How far can you smell it from?

OP Andy Cairns 10 Mar 2020
In reply to mountain.martin:

Well, it's been alleged I can smell the beer from the top of the last Munro of the day, regardless of wind direction or distance!  So it *could* work

Cheers

Andy

Wiley Coyote2 10 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Cairns:

> Well, it's been alleged I can smell the beer from the top of the last Munro of the day, regardless of wind direction or distance!  So it *could* work

Why wait till the last one? Once lunch has been consumed you are  oficially on the downslope to the pub.

cb294 10 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Cairns:

Be real quiet and you can hear it, a very faint "drink me, drink me,...."

CB

Blue Straggler 10 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Cairns:

Greasy treats vs fear

youtube.com/watch?v=ihU07Lq46AI&

Jabbott 11 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Cairns:

"Two members of Dundonnell Mountain Rescue Team went back to the scene of the rescue on Monday in their own time."

That's right, they were being handsomely rewarded when 'on shift' the previous day!

Cheers, Jamie.

Lankyman 11 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Cairns:

> Anybody think of a good reason why this wouldn't work with people?

What if the lost soul was a vegetarian, vegan, Buddhist or even just a picky eater? A whole range of tempting treats will have to be carried to get a result. I'm sure those big helicopters can be modified to be more like burger vans as well, wafting aromas across a wider area?

JLS 11 Mar 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

>"What if the lost soul was a vegetarian, vegan, Buddhist or even just a picky eater?"

Even if hypothermic and half dead I'm sure they'd make the effort to come tell you that you were morally degenerate and there was no justification for eating sausages.

Lankyman 11 Mar 2020
In reply to JLS:

> >"What if the lost soul was a vegetarian, vegan, Buddhist or even just a picky eater?"

> Even if hypothermic and half dead I'm sure they'd make the effort to come tell you that you were morally degenerate and there was no justification for eating sausages.

In today's world of inclusivity this is an appalling attitude. I know this is in no way scientific but all my Buddhist friends tell me that merely inhaling sausage smoke means one more reincarnation cycle at least. Probably as a burger flipper! The Dalai Lama recommends Linda Macartney red onion bangers for this sort of thing.

Wiley Coyote2 11 Mar 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

> In today's world of inclusivity.......

"Inclusivity" is soooo last February. It's all "self-isolating" now. Do try to keep up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...