UKC

SKILLS: Tips for Climbing Training at Home

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 18 Mar 2020
Fingerboard training at home.

Strength and Conditioning expert and climbing coach Olivia Ratcliffe shares some advice for climbers wanting to keep up their climbing fitness at home during social distancing and self-isolation.

Read more
 BrendanO 18 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

Thanks for this!!

Despite having a fingerboard and a pull-up bar, I have always struggled with motivation. Today, a few of us arranged by Messenger to train at the same time - it worked!! 

I wonder if the Fit Club thread will get bigger?

billb 19 Mar 2020

Anyone know where I can buy a Beastmaker online? Most places I have seen show out of stock? 

Thanks

mike lawrence? 19 Mar 2020
In reply to billb:

needlesports, lovely people there too!

billb 19 Mar 2020

Thanks - just purchased! 

Caroline C 19 Mar 2020

I find the free 'Crimpd App' good for tracking progress and for suggestions of different training activities.

bencarter 19 Mar 2020

Is The Real Thing a band cause i'm not sure what i'm looking for thanks. Great article by the way!

In reply to bencarter:

> Is The Real Thing a band cause i'm not sure what i'm looking for thanks. Great article by the way!

youtube.com/watch?v=brbxoKEgsw0&

NiceGuyTommy 20 Mar 2020
In reply to billb:

https://www.beastmaker.co.uk/collections/fingerboards

Still seem to be shipping and have them in stock.

Shail 20 Mar 2020

Another excellent app is grips n grades which has a virtual beastmaker and training plans based on using the various holds asymmetrically - which is a (tiny) bit more like climbing than fingerboarding!

tom.douglas10 31 Mar 2020
In reply to billb:

Most manufacturers sell direct from their websites and still have stock. Check the Beastmaker website.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...