UKC

Kvaløya, Norway (Hollenderan) Guide Book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hard Hawk 29 Mar 2020

Planning a trip to Tromsø once travel restrictions are lifted with my girlfriend to visit her dad in Tromsø. Saw Hollenderan is pretty close and super keen to try something on it but I can't find much in the way of guidebooks. Apparently there is a guide called Kvaløya: Selected Climbs but I'm not sure it's still in print or even where to buy it.

Any suggestions of other guides covering this area or where I could get Kvaløya: Selected Climbs?

Hollenderan

Cheers

Hannah V 30 Mar 2020
In reply to Hard Hawk:

I don't think more copies of the book are being printed, but this is probably as close as you will get to an online version:

https://klatreforer.tromsoklatring.no/browse

TobyA 30 Mar 2020
In reply to Hard Hawk:

There used to be a really good website with topos and descriptions but the info was taken off when the guidebook came out about 15 years ago now I guess.

In past years I've seen the book in outdoor shops and in the book shop on the high street in Tromso but this is in past years so they may well not have any now.

If it was just for some sections, if nowt else I could probably scan some of my copy and email them to you. Doing the whole book would be a bit of a pain though as well as obviously dodgy from a copyright point of view.

d_b 30 Mar 2020
In reply to Hard Hawk:

I have a copy but it was pretty hard to source even 5 years ago. If you get stuck I could send you copies of bits of it but I'm not prepared to part with it as I haven't managed to go there yet.

Mr. Lee 31 Mar 2020
In reply to Hard Hawk:

Just did a check of the normal places that I buy guidebooks from in Norway. It looks sold out as you say. I can't imagine there will be another print run. Your best bet might be a second hand copy on finn.no.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...