UKC

ARTICLE: Factor Two - S3 Episode 2 Part 1: Freebird - Ben Bransby

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 07 Apr 2020
Factor Two S3E1

After hearing from Leo Houlding and Patch Hammond about their legendary Yosemite season in 1998 there was one obvious gap in our story - Ben Bransby. Wil Treasure shares more stories from the climbing world in UKC's Factor Two Podcast.

Read more
 Wizzy 07 Apr 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

I thought this was excellent 

Ben is an absolute legend and sounds like a really nice chap

Derek Ryden 08 Apr 2020

I'm slightly confused by the photo caption, but perhaps women don't have names in Yosemite.

Shikading 09 Apr 2020
In reply to Derek Ryden:

It struck me as strange too. Unless she counts as a Huber brother!

Ben Bransby 09 Apr 2020
In reply to Derek Ryden:

Sorry that was my mistake. Some of you may notice that the guy on the (photographers) right is also not Thomas Huber. My dad just took the photo as a casual snap back in '98 and I'm afraid I can't remember the name of either the girl or guy on the right, I'm sure I did at the time but memory... Could be Leo or Patch can remember better, depends if they come on here and have a look.

Wil Treasure 09 Apr 2020

Cheers Ben. I thought there was something amiss about the guy on the right, we'll have to assume he's "Nigel Huber" and they abandoned him on a belay somewhere.

Ben also sent me a link to the trundling of the flake he belayed on in the Monster Offwidth:  vimeo.com/52653452

He assures me it was in a slightly better state in 1998. That seems to be borne out by a clip from Blood, Sweat and Bagels, although it looks like it might have been the same tat in both videos!  vimeo.com/187150708

duncan b 11 Apr 2020
In reply to Wil Treasure:

> He assures me it was in a slightly better state in 1998. That seems to be borne out by a clip from Blood, Sweat and Bagels, although it looks like it might have been the same tat in both videos!  vimeo.com/187150708

I'd forgotten about the amount of bickering in Blood, Sweat and Bagels 😀

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...