UKC

ARTICLE: On the Front Line

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 14 Apr 2020
Jerome on his way to a call-out.

London Ambulance Service paramedic Jerome Mowat writes about shifting from a climbing trip to the front line as he joined thousands of NHS staff in the fight against COVID-19. 

There are many healthcare professionals in the climbing community: doctors, physios, nurses, paramedics. I salute all of them in these unprecedented times for going out there and getting it done. And the climbing community as a whole for taking responsibility for their actions, closing the gyms and prohibiting outdoor climbing. Sometimes these measures can feel quite abstract, are they really necessary? But I assure you, they are. This may be one of the few times we truly are all in this together.

Read more
 neilh 14 Apr 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

Thanks for that

speculoos 14 Apr 2020

Brilliant piece, Jerome. I follow you on Instagram (as a climber!), but it's been eye-opening seeing your posts change to snapshots of your on-call life. 

Thank you so much for what you are doing.

Cyan 14 Apr 2020

Great article, thank you

abr1966 14 Apr 2020

Thank you....a really excellent piece, humbling, gracious and so well written. 

Full respect and gratitude to you and your colleagues. 

john arran 14 Apr 2020

I've read several broadly similar pieces recently, though none better written than this. Somehow, coming from a fellow climber, the message is even more stark and undeniable.

Thank you for sharing so vividly.

GazzerM61 15 Apr 2020

The most relevant account I have read since the lockdown. A real story from the frontline without a media angle. Thanks for writing and sharing this Jerome, thank you for what you and your NHS colleagues do for us.

Andy Hardy 15 Apr 2020

I can't help but think that this article deserves a wider audience than UKC (no offence like). 

Have you considered sending it to newspapers?

Bobling 15 Apr 2020

Thank you Jerome, amazing stuff from you and your colleagues.

Harry Spotter 16 Apr 2020

Great Article and full respect to you Jerome!

peppermill 17 Apr 2020

Great to read, shared it among the student Paramedic community assuming that's OK, it's quite reassuring for us at the moment. 

Especially good to read you work ambulance shifts in the (allegedly) perma-hell that is London and still manage to climb hard ;p

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...