UKC

More children now becoming infected badly?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-children-illness-nhs-...

Worrying development.  If this turns out to be true and escalates, I suspect it could be a complete game changer as far as easing any lockdown measures are concerned, due to parents completely reassessing their risk appetite to getting back to work. 

Mr Lopez 27 Apr 2020
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

My guess is children have depleted the cigarette stashes they had home and are unable to re-stock due to the lockdown, so are losing the immunity they were afforded. Once parents go back to work they'll be able to sneak out for a cheeky one and will end up being a non event https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/23/smokers-four-times-less-likely-...

P.s. On a serious note, from that article:

The illness has been seen in children who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, as well as those who have not had the disease.

Post edited at 11:32
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> Worrying development.  If this turns out to be true and escalates, I suspect it could be a complete game changer as far as easing any lockdown measures are concerned, due to parents completely reassessing their risk appetite to getting back to work. 

It shows we don't know nearly enough about this virus after only a couple of months experience.  Any long term or more subtle associated problems are not being taken into account.  It is really dangerous to assume that the immediate death count is the only number that matters - especially when it is manipulated by only reporting hospital deaths.

joem 27 Apr 2020
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

If of course it has anything to do with COVID-19

The illness has been seen in children who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, as well as those who have not had the disease.

Even if it does could it not just be that there are now sufficient children exposed to it that this is a problem? It may have always been an issue but a very rare one? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...