UKC

Early morning dog walk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 03 May 2020

Superb morning, still, misty sunshine. Best bits: bullfinch, chaffinch, greenfinch, goldfinch, yellowhammer, Reed bunting, whitethroat, blackcap, chiffchaff, willow warbler, Sparrowhawk (10 feet away!), kestrel, curlew, oystercatcher, grey partridge, swallow, house Martin, sunbathing fox.  Last few days had stunning views of tawny owls and roe deer. 

buzby 03 May 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

That must be nice, I live in a less than salubrious estate in the west of Scotland, I did have some bird sounds but it was overshadowed by the noise of one of the local deadbeats sounding off about not being able to get a can of lager as it was only 10 in the morning and how his head was bursting.  Followed by a young couple having a argument at the top of their voice because she was apparently shagging someone else.

As I was out doing some early morning fence painting I greeted both with a cheery good morning. the couple just glowered at me and the deadbeat told me to feck up. 

Oh the joys of a sunny Sunday morning in Scotland. 

Doug 03 May 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Not sure why, but it was fairly quiet when I had a short walk before breakfast although a couple of jays were quite vocal for a few minutes & there was at least one woodpecker hammering in the distance. But I was more occupied with looking at the hills across the valley where yesterdays rain in the village had been snow at altitude and the thin layer was highlighting the geology with all strata & folds all more visible than usual, especially with the low sun and resulting shadows.

mick taylor 03 May 2020
In reply to Doug:

Which part of France?  Im a bit of an amateur geologist.

Doug 03 May 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

The Champsaur, southernmost part of the Ecrins. The local geology is quite complex, mostly sedimentary (varied sandstones & limestones) but with igneous rocks forming the higher summits just to the north. Add lots of folding, faulting, glaciation etc & its gets 'interesting'.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...