UKC

What were you doing Bank Holiday last year?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deacondeacon 07 May 2020

So, the world seems a very different place from last year. I've just been informed that this time last year I was on a weekend away to The Pass and today I'm not even allowed to go to bloody Bell Hagg. 

What were you doing about this time last year, and what can you not wait to do once lockdown starts calming down  

Blue Straggler 07 May 2020
In reply to deacondeacon:

I went slightly off route on a 4 pitch Severe in the Moelwyns but decided that what lay ahead looked like a decent enough escape at maybe HS, and quicker than getting back on route. Proceeded to have a massive runout on admittedly very easy terrain (scrambling basically) and then quite a stopper move that felt about HVS 5a which I really had to muster up courage for, which took a while. All very undignified! Later research revealed that my escape route was merely another Severe, described as being milder than the one we were meant to be doing 🤣

Inhambane 07 May 2020

I was in Leonidio, eating tonnes of feta and getting my ear drums abused by all the Easter dynamite, and climbing nice routes 

Andy Peak 1 07 May 2020

You were with me I think climbing the The Golden Tower (E2 5c) Anglezarke Quarry That photo was about three years ago. I forgot my rock shoes and stopped off in Wigan 

Post edited at 11:41
OP deacondeacon 07 May 2020
In reply to Andy Peak 1:

Haha. Theo messaged me and said the picture was exactly two years ago.

I can't even remember what I had for breakfast  

Blue Straggler 07 May 2020
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Hang on no, sorry, I think my story was TWO years ago. Edit...

yes checked it 

A year ago I was in Hamburg en route to Hannover for a work trip. I went to Miniatur Wunderland as it was grey and miserable outside and no good for just trailing around the city which had been my plan. I was happy because Miniatur Wunderland had been on my tick list and it would have been wrong to go there on a sunny day, and it was really really good (recommended not just for kids or model enthusiasts) 

Post edited at 12:27
 Oceanrower 07 May 2020

Hastings for the traditional May Bank Holiday biker weekend. This year moved to August the 15th if anyone's interested...

OP deacondeacon 07 May 2020
In reply to Blue Straggler:

That sounds more fun than climbing  

earlsdonwhu 07 May 2020

Recovering from a prostate operation...the start of problems that persist!

toad 07 May 2020

Last year, canoeing on Bala, I think. Year before I was definitely climbing in West Cornwall because facebook is taunting me with pictures of cloudless sea cliffs.....

peppermill 07 May 2020

Having some friction-based fun in the sun on the Etive slabs. I think we did Hammer although we made a few trips up there last year.

misterb 07 May 2020

Running the 2moors way in weather equally as nice as it has been today,cracking leg across exmoor!!

Dax H 07 May 2020

We took the pup to his first game fair, he loved it as long as we kept away from the shotgun bit. 

Mal Grey 07 May 2020

We were paddling down the Upper Thames, at a relaxing pace with lovely camps and plenty of Pimms.

Instead, I've built a paddling machine out of the canoe, a throw line, a weight and some pulleys. I guess if I add enough Pimms, it'll be almost the same...

hairyRob 07 May 2020

Working ~2.5 times normal hourly rate on the public holiday itself. Nice.

philipivan 08 May 2020

Stayed at the pub near capel curig with friends. On the first day walked a big loop of the carneddau and back to the pub for massive dinner and many beers. Next day did tryfan and the glyders. Was ace! 

A couple of weeks before (might have been Easter) drove to porthcawl last minute and was treated to 4ft waves and 25 degree heat. It was awesome one of the best surf days I've had in the UK! 

kipper12 08 May 2020

Getting ready to fly to santorini for a week , to celebrate a significant birthday.  Then I had a home , partner etc.  Now. None of the above.

I’m looking forward to my new home and adopting a rescue greyhound 

Andypeak 08 May 2020

Just reached the Falls of Glomach on the Cape Wrath Trail. I seem to remember making my one and only navigational cock up on the easiest section of the trail which had a massive sign post pointing the way, needless to say I ignored the sign and yomped halfway up a Munro in completely the wrong direction. 

Dave Garnett 09 May 2020

Lovely weekend in Pembroke last year.

Now I'm reduced to this:

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...