UKC

LOCKDOWN QUIZ: Week 6 - Emoji Quiz Special

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 08 May 2020

Emoji Quiz

Need some mental stimulation while climbing the walls at home? Here's our first weekly instalment of our new series, the Lockdown Quiz, complete with questions across a range of topics from within the wonderful world of climbing. We have some great prizes from the series sponsor - Rab and Lowe Alpine - who'll be supplying both weekly spot prizes* and a 'grand prize' for the overall winner of the series. As such, keep the guesswork coming - it could be you!

*winners will be chosen at random from entrants.

PRIZES FROM LOWE ALPINE:

- Bag for Life
- Boot bag

Grand Prize: AirZone

PRIZES FROM RAB:

- Superflux hoodie
- Freight cap

Grand Prize: Kaon

n.b. the winner can choose whether they want a men's/women's item and size/colour etc., subject to availability.

All emoji questions from Natalie Berry. Some are phonetic, others are more literal or abstract. 38 routes and 2 boulder problems. Good luck!

Read more

remus Global Crag Moderator 08 May 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

Tricky! Well psyched to get the first question in the extreme rock section right!

In reply to remus:

Extreme Rock definitely had the most emojiable names for some reason!

Misha 08 May 2020
In reply to remus:

Thought that was one of the easier ones as it’s so unique. Even with the help of the classic, hard and extreme rock ticklists, I only got 55%. Not very good at lateral thinking!

full stottie 08 May 2020
In reply to Misha:

> Thought that was one of the easier ones as it’s so unique. Even with the help of the classic, hard and extreme rock ticklists, I only got 55%. Not very good at lateral thinking!

Oh! Do people actually look stuff up to get the answers? Must remember that for next time!

Misha 08 May 2020
In reply to full stottie:

I haven't for the other ones (and scored under 50% each time) but this time it was still fun even after looking through the ticklists as that didn't provide the actual answers. There were a few I didn't get right even with the assistance of the ticklists!

dinodinosaur 09 May 2020

Q7 and 24 aren't taking the correct answers for me. Or what seems like obviously the correct answer after double checking classic and hard rock. 

In reply to dinodinosaur:

Fixed. There was a missing word from the answer route names. Apologies!

Paul Sagar 09 May 2020
In reply to dinodinosaur:

Dino I got 5...total. 

can you send me the answers?

Andy Hardy 09 May 2020

For some clues I just get a box with a cross through it. Tricky 🙄

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...