UKC

Red Chili rock shoe sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 04 Jun 2020

I'm going to review some Red Chili rock shoes (Circuit), both cheap and designed for all day comfort by the looks of things, but am unsure what size to ask for. Has anyone got recent RC shoes and can compare the fit to any other brands? The Rock and Run fit guide suggest go down half a size from normal shoe size for most RC models, but they don't have the Circuits specifically in their list. Of the shoes I still use either a lot or a bit, I have La Sportivas in 40 (although the Cliffs are a slightly loose fit at 40 whilst the Miuras crunch my toes a bit in the same size!), Scarpas in 41.5 (tight), Ocun in 42 (tight), Mad Rocks in 42 (comfy to a touch loose), and Evolv in 41.5 (snug). I had RC Sausolito back in mid-noughties but I can't remember what size they were and chances are they've changed the lasts since then anyway! I guess I could be anything between 40 and 42... Cheers all for any advice.

Route Adjuster 04 Jun 2020
In reply to TobyA:

I've had some Durango's in size 44.5. Boreal jokers in 44 and the closeness feels very similar, can wear for a few routes outside before discomfort sets in. So slightly smaller for their size compared to Jokers. Also had some evolved defy, they were 44 too. 

I never bought any of the  RC spirit but have a note that when trying on in the shop size 43 seemed to be the right fit, but not having ever used them that could have been size optimism at play!

johncook 04 Jun 2020
In reply to TobyA:

Between half and one size down (euro size) on both spirits and fusion. Suspect that the new things are a cheaper version made on same last as spirits from the look of them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...