UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Red Chili 2020 climbing shoe range

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 17 Jun 2020
Action shot

Red Chili have been making high-quality climbing shoes since 1996. Throughout this time we have continued to push innovation in both climbing shoe performance and comfort. For 2020 we have 7 new models! The new additions cover everything from all day multipitch climbing to hard bouldering.

Read more
 Prof. Outdoors 18 Jun 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Was a big fan of Red Chili shoes back in the day. Seemed to drop off the radar for a while and I believe that shops stopped stocking them due to supply issues and quality control.

I had Red Chili Torro's, Mescalitos and the Phantoms which were great.

The new range seems to be either heavily downturned for steep sports climbs or flat comfort based for beginners. Hope i have got that wrong and there is something for everyday Joe like me.

TobyA 18 Jun 2020
In reply to Prof. Outdoors:

Those are just new models (or re-worked models), if you have a look at their website there a number of I guess "performance/comfort" or mid range shoes - Spirit and Fusion, in both standard and low-volume/female fits.

I had Sausolitos a long time ago - they often got sold as beginner shoes in the UK but their rigidity made them excellent for long granite mountain routes - it was like front point on micro edges! Eventually the leather mid-sole cracked under the ball of my foot, the crack would open when the shoe flexed then as it unflexed would nip the skin on the ball of your foot! It felt like there was a small but very angry rodent biting you in the shoe!

I may be getting the opportunity to review the new Circuit VCR model for an upcoming UKC review of beginner and all-day shoes, so hopefully there will be more info on these models and how they work, fit etc. in the not too distant future.

johncook 21 Jun 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

I love my chillis, but currently am staying with spirits and fusion. They fit my feet, but I would like to try on some of the newer models if I could find someone  who actually stocks them (If you got to their site, and look for UK stockists, the ones they give don't have stock and try to sell you something else!)(This was at the end of last year) If they can't get stockists, they aught to have a regular roadshow around the walls in winter where we could try out the new models, and buy there, or on-line! I would prefer to support small retailers, but if they don't stock stuff I have to go elsewhere. I currently buy my fusions/spirits from who-ever has them at the best price on-line. I know what size I need so that is not a problem, no faff of buying  different sizes and returning the ones that don't fit!

TobyA 22 Jun 2020
In reply to johncook:

> I know what size I need so that is not a problem, no faff of buying  different sizes and returning the ones that don't fit!

Have you found their sizing has remained consistent over the years John? I see you answered my question about sizing a couple of weeks ago - so thanks very much with your help on that!

johncook 23 Jun 2020
In reply to TobyA:

I have been wearing chillis for about 20 years, ever since I first found them. They fit my odd shaped feet (obviously not that odd judging by the numbers wearing chillis) where other didn't. I am stuill getting the same size I got then, although there have been about 5 slightly different versions of Spirits. The Fusion I got in the same size and they fitted exactly the same. 

Some of the new models look good, but I can't be arsed with the faff if they turn out to not quite fit, as I have to buy on-line due to 'stockists', not having them in stock and trying to convert me to others. (One stockist assured me on the phone that they had exactly what I wanted in stock {fusions} and ready to try. I made a 30 mile drive and arrived less the three hours after the phone call to be told that they had none in stock and what about Sportiva! Needless to say I haven't shopped there since and won't as they didn't even manage a sorry or a reasonable excuse for the 'error')

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...