UKC

REVIEW: Black Diamond Street Creek Pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 26 Jun 2020
Walking out from Rocher Fin

The Street Creek is a well-made and cool-looking day pack aimed at urban wall-goers. It's just a shame that a higher volume model isn't available for outdoor use, says Rob Greenwood.

Read more
 Alastair R 26 Jun 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

I have the Street Creek 24 and it seems perfect for work then an evening trip to the wall but not the first choice for a day's cragging, as Rob says. In terms of a larger version, BD already make the Creek 35 and 50?

In reply to Alastair R:

Hi Alastair,

Good to hear it's not just me that liked it.

When it comes to the Creek 35 and 50 I've got a rather embarrassing confession to make: despite having seen these packs in the flesh several times before I had completely forgotten they existed until I saw your message. I'll tweak the text a bit in light of this, just so it's obvious that alternatives are available - albeit within a different fabric.

I'll also see if we can get one on test, as it'd be good to review one of the larger ones in light of the fact it ticks a lot of boxes for UK trad and sport.

TobyA 29 Jun 2020
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

BD also have the Crag 40 that looks somewhat similar but costs quite a lot less. It seems to be made out more normal thick nylon and not the rubbery haul bag stuff that the Creek range are - but BD seems to have a lot of options on things that would make decent UK crag packs!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...