UKC

Dog carrier backpack for climbing and walking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi all,

I have a puppy (maybe 5 or 6 kg) and she obviously can't take walks too far and for too long, so I am gathering info about dog carriers for the hills. Would you have any experience and advice to share? 

The K9 sport sack rover looks like I could fit a climbing rope at the bottom and have her sat on it, which is a plus.

Any thoughts? 

Thank you.

Brian Pollock 11 Jul 2020
In reply to Cecilewannaclimb:

Just a regular rucksack was fine for my puppy from 6 to 16 kg. Less so for my back. I wouldn't bother investing in a purpose built bag as no doubt your puppy will outgrow it in a few weeks.

Tringa 13 Jul 2020

> Hi all,

> I have a puppy (maybe 5 or 6 kg) and she obviously can't take walks too far and for too long, so I am gathering info about dog carriers for the hills. Would you have any experience and advice to share? 

> The K9 sport sack rover looks like I could fit a climbing rope at the bottom and have her sat on it, which is a plus.

> Any thoughts? 

> Thank you.

Its clear there are packs intended to take dogs but is it a good idea to put a dog in a relatively small space which restricts movement and could be very cramped for it, for what could be an extended period of time?

Can I ask why you want to fit a climbing rope in the bottom of the pack?

Dave

nniff 13 Jul 2020

Slightly, but not much, off-topic.  Herewith, 'Biscuit'

youtube.com/watch?v=AwUSkBKobIw&

Myfyr Tomos 13 Jul 2020

Originally designed for cats, it should be suitable for smaller dogs. Highly recommended in some pet magazines.

Lankyman 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

> Originally designed for cats, it should be suitable for smaller dogs. Highly recommended in some pet magazines.

The cat's eyes may water more than usual so best to carry a pack of tissues.

Bob Kemp 13 Jul 2020
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

Clearly from the same tradition as the cat organ:

http://socks-studio.com/2012/06/27/katzenklavier-cat-organ/

In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

Surely will work for her. I'll figure out a way to add straps to make a backpack out of it! 

Thank you for the advice !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...