UKC

VIDEO: The Wall Within

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 27 Jul 2020
The Wall Within

Inspired by the picture of George Smith on The Wall Within in the Ground Up guide, James Williams sought out the stunning route in the heart of the slate quarries after lockdown.

Read more
 Dan Arkle 27 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Good film of an amazing route. I couldn't finish it, but had an amazing day playing on the bizarre moves. We avoided that that move out left by using undercuts and wide bridging.

Every time I hear of a rockfall in the quarries, I worry it might be buried forever.

It feels geologically active down there.

Red Rover 27 Jul 2020
In reply to Dan Arkle:

The lost world is on a mission to fill itself in! Some of the falls in the past 5 years have been huge. I miss the trees and the bothy

Red Rover 27 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

I thought this was a pretty good video as the ratio of climbing to other stuff was high. Lots of videos seem to have 10 minutes of philosophising or some kind of buildup involving the characters starting into the distance or cleaning their shoes in slow motion, and then 2 mins of actual climbing. There was just enough buildup here to set the scene and show us the quarry, and then they got on with the actual climbing. 

Sean Kelly 27 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Is it me is does that wall resemble a John Redhead painting?

Dan Arkle 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Sean Kelly:

No, it's very beautiful and quite artistic. 

Offwidth 28 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

One of the best films in the quarries... definitely three stars

rachelSquirrel 28 Jul 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing route, very well climbed. Loved the film

George_Surf 28 Jul 2020
In reply to rachelSquirrel:

aye, if only we could all be as strong as Jimmy big guns. Any stronger and he'd pull the route down! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...