UKC

Domain name parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yorkshire_lad2 11 Aug 2020

I'm looking for a basic, no frills, competitively priced provider to park two or three domains (all .co.uk).  Two of the domains can probably just sit (organisations no longer operating, but I don't want to let the domain name registration lapse for a few years yet in case some character picks them up when they lapse and divert them somewhere undesirable: this seems a popular activity) and one domain may need forwarding to a current website.

The going rate seems to be around £7-£10/yr for a .co.uk domain. Ionos seems to be popular, as well as tsohosts.  Because two of the domains probably won't be doing much, I'd like to try and keep the costs down.

Just seeing what else might be out there and what other people think/recommend.
TIA

two_tapirs 11 Aug 2020
In reply to yorkshire_lad2:

I've not had any problems with Ionos (formerly 1 and 1).  That's not to say they're the best, but I've not had problems.  Console/control panel is simple to use.  They will try to sell you a ton of extras, although I assume that's the same for all service providers

plyometrics 11 Aug 2020

I use 123-Reg.

Not had any real problems with them.  

Naechi 11 Aug 2020

Been using Google domains for a year or so (both .co.uk £10 each). Paid email to match (£3 something per user monthly) no issues at all for either.  No idea if they at all favour domains they host in searches etc but why wouldn't they if they can?

Post edited at 16:16
 AndyC 11 Aug 2020

I use domainnameshop.com based in Oslo. They will register / host your .co.uk domain and allow web forwarding or parking for £6.95 per year. You can add a basic web hotel with email and 1GB disk space for 95p per month. 

Dark-Cloud 11 Aug 2020

I use names.co.uk no issue with them either

Thanks for all the suggestions and recs.  Interesting that someone else on here mentions names.co.uk.  I've been using names.co.uk for a while for hosting and domains, and their service is good.  Having looked around at the recommended alternatives, it turns out they're comparable/competitively priced for domain parking.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...