UKC

Valley of the Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Vica 12 Aug 2020

Hello,

I live in Devon and spend a lot of time sea cliff climbing but have never climbed Valley of the rocks. 

My partner and I are going on a bit of a North Devon and Cornwall climbing road trip at the end of the month and want to include it but it’s not in our climbing guide book.

Would anyone be kind enough to scan a few pages for us to save us buying a complete new guide for a 2 day climb....... ❤️

Lizard Ollie 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Vica:

I haven't got the guide, but I managed to get by using the descriptions and pictures on the UKC page  Valley of Rocks. Last time I was there (about a year ago) everything on the Devil's Cheesewring was looking a bit overgrown. Icarus (HS 4a) is meant to be really good but I haven't found it myself. Hope that helps a bit

The Pylon King 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Vica:

Its all in here:

https://www.climbers-club.co.uk/south-west-climbs-volume-ii/

Buy it and support the people who put so much work into making the books. It contains other stuff on the Exmoor Coast that you wont find anywhere else.

leland stamper 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Vica:

Second hand guides N Devon and Cornwall going from £9.50 on Amazon. £9.50 for two days climbing and possibly your future obsession. Well worth it

Ian Parsons 12 Aug 2020
In reply to leland stamper:

Not forgetting, of course, that it needs to be the 1988 Iain Peters edition - not the more recent 2000 one which doesn't include the Exmoor Coast. [I'm referring here to the definitive CC guides.]

In reply to Vica:

Best of luck to you. I heard on the news that Devon and Cornwall are now full. If my experiences trying to park at Croyde recently are anything to go by I'd agree. Fecking £9 to park.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...