UKC

Maestro / Maestro mid: fit and stiffness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GraMc 16 Aug 2020

Tried on some maestros today, fit was good. Heard they end up quite soft, so wondering if the mid is any stiffer? And if there is a significance difference in fit? I see they have a more mellow heel rand so probably fit a bit less neat.

Cheers

neuromancer 16 Aug 2020
In reply to GraMc:

The website states that the insert is the same size and thickness and same length, but I've seen press releases that state they're quite a bit stiffer.

The maestro ecos / normals seem a weird shoe for me. I bought them for trad and only downsized a little. They have a full length midsole, but feel soft. However, the rubber is thick and the midsole prevents any sense of sensitivity. This makes you always feel like you're slowly rolling off of holds in them. To add to this, unlike other flatter shoes they have lots of toe rubber, so the toebox does not conform to your foot and is actually surprisingly uncomfortable.

Not a great success, compared to some of Scarpa's other new shoes like the Arpia (which manages to be stiff enough AND supportive enough in an appropriate size).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...