UKC

ARTICLE: The Roaring Girl - An Interview with Hannah Toward

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 19 Aug 2020
Hannah Toward on The Roaring Boys (E6 6b)

Pete Oxley interviews 12-year-old Hannah Toward about her recent ascent of The Roaring Boys (E6 6b) at Boulder Ruckle, her progression in the sport and what she hopes to achieve in the future.

Read more
Blanche DuBois 19 Aug 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

Inspiring, to say the least!

Spanish Jack 19 Aug 2020

That was a really nice Sunday's read! Oh wait it's Wednesday... Great article! Really motivated me to get another hard headpoint in soon!

TobyA 19 Aug 2020

Lovely. She sounds so mature and analytical in the text but the handwriting on her wonderful gear beta sheet reminds you that she is a twelve year old girl after all! 😄

Fantastic effort Hannah, well done! 💪

Dave Garnett 19 Aug 2020

Bloody hell! 4 trad routes ever?  Quite a progression, E1, E3, E5, E6.  I thought Stroof was hard enough! 

Ramon Marin 19 Aug 2020

My god... this made my day. 7c climbing on an E6 seems pretty stiff, she didn't pick an easy one either

Terrific interview and HT sounds like a great kid as well, as do the people around her.

Time moves faster than you think - it’s 33 years later, not 23.

jcm

Clare Dean 19 Aug 2020
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> Time moves faster than you think - it’s 33 years later, not 23.

Darn, as somebody born in 1987 I did a double take at that caption..am I still 23? Fingers crossed it's not just a typo.

Ally Smith 19 Aug 2020

Great article - she comes across as very mature and intelligent. 

I do hope Pete writes some further articles about Dorset climbing history and protagonists. Isn't it about time someone got Martin Crocker on record...?

No way is she 12. 

I don't know any 18 year olds with that ability and maturity.

I don't think I've ever been that disciplined and mature, and I've certainly never been that able.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...