UKC

REVIEW: Mountain Equipment Dihedral Pant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 04 Sep 2020
Stretch ascender fabric and a diamond crotch mean your trousers won't be the limiting factor in your bridging

Mountain Equipment's Dihedral Pant is designed to be "the perfect all-round pant" for "year round climbing everywhere from big walls, to sea cliffs and training boards". Rebecca Ting gives them a run for their money.

Read more
 rice boy 04 Sep 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Look a good pair of trousers; don't think I'll get them though as I only need 90deg flex not 180deg!

Post edited at 11:30
 Basemetal 05 Sep 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

"Pant"? Looking back through UKC reviews it seems to be a term used here. Strange, no? American singular in lieu of "trousers", but why?

In reply to Basemetal:

It's what Mountain Equipment called them, so we used that too... I tend to wear trousers rather than a pant normally

Basemetal 05 Sep 2020
In reply to Rebecca Ting - UKC and Rockfax

:Fair enough I hope it doesn't catch on, for the same of all the English teachers out there...

TobyA 05 Sep 2020
In reply to Basemetal:

I pant a lot on steep walk-ins regardless of whether I'm in pants, pant or trousers.

It seems like we are seeing the singular "pant" a lot more, I wonder if it's European and UK brands in particular wanting to sell to North America but not get laughed at here for calling goretex salopettes for example "pants"?

Edit: just looked back in some of my oldest reviews https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/clothing/legwear/marmot_scree_pants-1992 - it seems that although I used "pants" in the UKC review, Marmot actually was using just "pant" - so maybe the singular isn't anything new!

Post edited at 11:16
 jon 05 Sep 2020
In reply to Basemetal:

> for the same of all the English teachers out there...

Hmmm

Basemetal 05 Sep 2020
In reply to jon:

Aah was it on here that I read that the inventor of predictive text had sadly  passed away and that his fun-size is next sundial?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...