UKC

INTERVIEW: Alex Megos on Bibliographie 9c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Sep 2020

We recently reported that Alex Megos had climbed his long-term project at Céüse after spending 60 days on the route. Bibliographie was bolted and named by Ethan Pringle. The line tackles the steep ground to the right of Biographie's famous blue streak and was confirmed at 9c by Alex after much speculation online.

In the past 12 months or so, Alex has achieved both Olympic qualification and the world's second 9c. We sent him some questions to find out more about Bibliographie and balancing rock and competition climbing...

Read more
 simes303 08 Sep 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome!

In reply to UKC News:

Apart from his climbing, his English is amazing (unless it's a translation.)

In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

We used Whatsapp voice messages and transcribed them, so no translation nor any careful editing on Alex's part. He loves drinking tea so he's pretty much British

Post edited at 11:48
 Spanish Jack 08 Sep 2020
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

That's actually quite cool! The simplicity nowadays, just shoot some voice messages and done with an interview. The future is now.

In reply to Spanish Jack:

Yeah, it seemed like more work for us at first, but then we discovered the dictate feature in Word. Works a treat (mostly). It interpreted 'I think I'll do a bit more trad climbing when I get older' as 'I think I'll do a bit more attractive climbing when I get older' which I thought was quite funny. 

Spanish Jack 08 Sep 2020
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

Haha! This is often quite true though! Older climbers tend to do more enjoyable onsight climbing, aka "attractive" climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...