UKC

Suunto App update - Ambit 3 not syncing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 27 Sep 2020

Hi all,

The Suunto App has had an update (and looks all fancy) but my Ambit 3 run will no longer sync. I've tried all the usual stuff; uninstalling and reinstalling, turn everything off and on again. 

It just won't pair. Gives me the 'passcode' but when I enter it the app says the passcode is incorrect and will not sync. 

Anyone else having similar issues or is it just me? 

George Ormerod 28 Sep 2020
In reply to bouldery bits:

I’m afraid I’ve read a lot of similar feedback on the new app in the App Store reviews so I’m resisting any upgrade. If the idea is to force you to buy a new Suunto watch it’s sadly misguided as loads of people are switching to Coros, who seem to have some semblance of responsive customer service 

kevin stephens 28 Sep 2020

When I first updated to Suunto from Movescount I had a lot of problems. But customer service was responsive if rather slow. With more recent upgrades Suunto has been great . I’ve not used it for a couple of weeks but will look out for any recent problems when I do. I have a Traverse watch

99ster 28 Sep 2020

I've stuck with the Movescount app for now - as I couldn't get the new app to sync either (Ambit 3).

OP bouldery bits 28 Sep 2020
In reply to 99ster:

> I've stuck with the Movescount app for now - as I couldn't get the new app to sync either (Ambit 3).

I'd been happily using movescount, took the plunge and moved the to the app and all worked ok initially. I'd ported all of my activities successfully as well. Then, a new update and my Ambit 3 no longer works!!! Frustrating!

In reply to George Ormerod:

Yeah. I fixed mine by buying a Garmin. Wouldn't ever buy anything from Suunto again. Shame as hardware seems pretty good.

OP bouldery bits 29 Sep 2020
In reply to featuresforfeet:

Yeah. I might get a Garmin instinct instead. 

DaveHK 29 Sep 2020
In reply to featuresforfeet:

> Yeah. I fixed mine by buying a Garmin. Wouldn't ever buy anything from Suunto again. Shame as hardware seems pretty good.

Suunto are great watches with shit interface and customer service.

OP bouldery bits 29 Sep 2020
In reply to Dave B:

Unfortunately, the information just isn't true. Atleast, not for me. My Suunto Ambit will not Bluetooth to the phone app. I've tried everything.

I can according to Suunto customer service, apparently, sync via laptop but I do not have access to a laptop I am able to use for this purpose. 

Post edited at 22:30
 Scott K 01 Oct 2020

Same for me. Great pity as I really like the watch but will be switching to Garmin next time due to the issues. Thought I would get more time out of the watch (just about 3 years old and perfect condition). It's an ambit 3 peak and has been invaluable when hillwalking / backpacking. Since changing to the Suunto app, it just won't sync and can't do anything with it unless I use my laptop.

markmywords 01 Oct 2020

Hi, I was having problems pairing the Suunto iPhone app with my Ambit 3. It now finally works! In case it is of any help to others this is what I did:

I removed the movescount app on my iPhone. 

I unpaired the mobile app on the Ambit.

I removed the Ambit from the bluetooth menu on my iPhone with 'forget this device'.

Turned off bluetooth and then back on again.  

I did the pairing again from scratch and it worked.  

Good luck!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...