UKC

NEWSFLASH: Second Ascent of Change 9b+ by Stefano Ghisolfi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Sep 2020

Italian climber Stefano Ghisolfi has made the second ascent of Adam Ondra's 2012 route Change 9b+ in the Hanshelleren Cave in Flatanger, Norway after spending one month over two trips attempting the line.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

That works out at a speed of 1 metre a minute. 

Michael Gordon 29 Sep 2020
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

"more than an hour of climbing" and 55m?

Robert Durran 29 Sep 2020
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

> That works out at a speed of 1 metre a minute. 

Average speed. Presumably most of the time was spent shaking out (sped up in the video).

Mr. Lee 29 Sep 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Very poor style from a quarantine point of view though. He was in Italy only last week, so he should have been in home quarantine for ten days after arrival.

https://www.fhi.no/nettpub/coronavirus/fakta/reiserad-knyttet-til-nytt-koro...

Flatanger is nine hours from Oslo airport as well, so there a good chance he took an internal flight to Trondheim. 

Mr. Lee 29 Sep 2020
In reply to Mr. Lee:

Checked the situation via Instagram. The Italian comp was actually back on 1st September, and he's been in Norway since 15th September. He actually waited to announce his arrival for the reason of quarantine, so it sounds like he's done things right. The Insta feed order just made it look otherwise.

Blake 29 Sep 2020
In reply to Mr. Lee:

Thank goodness you're there keeping an eye on that for us though Lee, we were all very concerned about that observation.

Mr. Lee 29 Sep 2020
In reply to Blake:

Maybe that's partly because you don't live in Norway? There's almost no climbers here (in Norway) from overseas right now because of the quarantine rules, so any foreigner is going to stick out like a sore thumb. Same as if I went to Bohus, which is two hours drive away from me across the Swedish border, the people I know that way would probably be questioning what I was doing there. I was actually planning to head up to Flatanger in the next few days so the general concern with people there quarantining properly was at the back of my mind, given it's so internationally renowned.

Blake 29 Sep 2020
In reply to Mr. Lee:

Based on the latest cutting edge COVID research, 0.00045% of the public enjoy it when people attempt to turn every conversation into something about COVID.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...