UKC

ARTICLE: Mystery on the Piz Badile - Lamborghini Underpants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 05 Oct 2020
Old friends

Dan Moore looks back on an adventure to the Piz Badile where he found an unlikely pair of friends...

'There they lay, in the sun on a rock at the base of the Piz Badile's North Ridge, half-faded where they'd been folded by the wind. The grey-black, Lamborghini underpants. Had someone shit themselves silly? Or simply had a sweaty crotch which needed some air? I sniffed them like a hungry wolf. They had no scent, so I tied them to my rucksack and continued the descent from my first ever attempt at climbing a mountain in the Alps. Now, some eight years later, I open my underwear drawer and see them at the top of the pile. Underpants tell stories.'

Do you have the other half of Dan's story?

Read more
 Carlos Montero 05 Oct 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

Lovely story. I hope you find your pants Cinderella one day!

Flinticus 05 Oct 2020

Great story. One of the best things I've read on here for a while. An entertaining account of an experience not beyond my own realm of the possible! 

Like the Cinderella tale Carlos mentions, will you make the claimant(s) try the pants on first?

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 05 Oct 2020

That's pants

Chris

Rob Parsons 05 Oct 2020

I have picked up and reused large amounts of swag in my day - krabs, nuts, friends, slings, jumpers, hats, gloves, etc. - but I think even I would draw the line at second-hand shreddies.

steveriley 05 Oct 2020

Two of my more unusual finds:

1. Neatly folded pair of Levi 501s on a rock above Wasdale Screes

2. Gimp mask on Snowdon. I prefer to think of this as stag do shenanigans rather than any Pulp Fiction like alternative.

steveb2006 05 Oct 2020

Great article. Maybe you should put a link to it in the lost/found forum

ps did you ever do the Cassin route?

Flinticus 05 Oct 2020
In reply to Rob Parsons:

On my last two day trip into the Cairngorms I went into the warmish shallow end of a loch, changing into 'trunks' and leave my undies on a rock by a small sandy alcove. After getting out I simply pulled on my trousers over trunks and walked back to my campsite. On getting back I suddenly remembered the undies left on the rock! 

Luckily I was only 400m or so away so could go back & retrieve them though I did have to rouse myself from cloud watching in the sun. 

Muto 06 Oct 2020

Many years ago, we were camping in La Bérarde. We had just set up our tent when a mini whirlwind/tornado blew through the campsite, and whisked a lot of unattached stuff, including a tent, up into air, towards the Tête de la Maye, to the north of the campsite. The next day we did a route on the crag (Pujolidal). The route was littered with socks, t-shirts, underpants, and the aforesaid tent! I didn't bring down any souvenirs...

Kemics 06 Oct 2020

Excellent writing! Best bit of climbing writing ive read in a while. Great balance of creative descriptions and humour 

tehmarks 06 Oct 2020

The funniest thing I've read on UKC since Mr. Cox's lost car key epic; brilliant writing Dan, well done. More of this please, and less fashion farce and #vanlife!

Post edited at 21:18
Removed User 07 Oct 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

Was that at the dubh loch?

If so, I found them after doing mousetrap

Liam P 07 Oct 2020

Reminded me of Douglas Adams’ ‘Cookie Story’!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theoldvillage.wordpress.com/2004/01/28/douglas...

Misha 08 Oct 2020

Oi, give me my pants back, you thief!

Jo Taylor 10 Oct 2020

Great story - made me smile and miss the mountains. 

Post edited at 10:59

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...