UKC

ARTICLE: A Pembrokeshire Summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 20 Oct 2020
Saddle Head.

Author Heather Dawe shares an excerpt from an upcoming book in which she reflects on her climbing adventures twenty years ago, as she slowly gets back into the sport...

Scrambling down closer to the sea, I looked for the beginning of the route. The water was calm, gently lapping against the cliff, in no way threatening (apart from the obvious fact that it would be there, underneath me, as I first traversed across and then climbed up the cliff-face). I saw a line of small chalked crimps and immediately decided they looked too hard to be the route, pulling the guide-book out from down the front of my jumper to check its description. OK, those holds did fit with both the topo and the words, they must be the start of the route I had come to climb.

Read more
 Ollie B 21 Oct 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

The dot drawings are great! Nice writing as well.

Rog Wilko 21 Oct 2020

Very enjoyable read. 

Absolutely baffled, wondering what sort of person would possibly give you a dislike. How totally pointless.

johnlc 22 Oct 2020

Really enjoyed this.  The Stackpole / Bosherston area is a lovely corner of the UK and this article has reminded me of many happy holidays there.  Remember not to have one of Ye Olde Worlde Cafe's scones before climbing though - you'll never get off the ground!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...