UKC

Climbing wall in Bradford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Davidlees215 05 Nov 2020

I was working in Bradford today and passed a sign for 'climbing wall'. Never heard of it before but just looked it up now I'm home and it appears to have routes and bouldering although hard to work out how big it is. Pretty good news as it's probably now the closest wall to where I live and I often work the other side of the pennines and pass nearby on my way home.

Anyone been or know if it's any good? Are there auto belays as I'm guessing it will be a while before I can meet anyone indoors to climb with. 

In reply to Davidlees215:

I went on Monday. It's pretty decent, large warehouse fitted out with predominantly bouldering, I'd say an 80/20 split between bouldering and routes. 3 autobelays with a couple of routes on each, top roping and a few lead lead climbs at about 10-12m tall. Highest grade on the autobelays is 6a+. Me and my climbing partner spent about two and a half hours there and we agreed it would be worth going back once it reopens.

It's actually brand new so probably why you only just stumbled upon it! Opened on Sunday 1st. Posh build by enterprise with plans to expand. definitely worth a visit!!

IRad 06 Nov 2020

Went the other day, it's a good space and the bouldering is great, not tried the routes. Big and open plan which was nice. Spoke to the owner who said they were gonna have a gym upstairs soon if that's your thing.

ripper 06 Nov 2020

Guessing people are not talking about the old Richard Dunn Centre wall, that I visited a few times back in the 90s....

NorthernGrit 06 Nov 2020
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Where in Bradford is this?

In reply to NorthernGrit:

Ummmmm not entirely sure. I followed a sat nav!

Bradford?  10-13 Beckside Business Park, Beckside Rd, Bradford BD7 2BR

BenSends 12 Nov 2020

I went the last day before it sadly had to close. It's still being fully set up but it had a couple of nice lead routes and as mentioned it's predominantly bouldering. The space they have is HUGE! the pizzas looked nice and there was some nice route setting on the slab walls.

Fingers crossed it can reopen soon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...