UKC

Staffs bouldering behaviour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FBSF 23 Nov 2020

I hope the 15+ people gathered very closely around a certain section of boulder at a roadside staffs bouldering spot yesterday will rethink repeating the irresponsible and downright anti social behaviour that I saw, all of the crowd was visible from the road and the house you pass to get to it, playing music on a speaker extremely loudly and braying at the tops of your voices. 

How is this acceptable in anyone's eyes, the public can see you, the landowners can., other climbers at the cliff were appalled but felt they couldnt say anything(I had no such qualms) Even outside of a pandemic you were being dicks.

Post edited at 06:52
 Dave Garnett 23 Nov 2020
In reply to FBSF:

If this is where I think you mean, I couldn’t believe the number of cars parked.  We couldn’t see the front of the crag from where we were walking and wondered what was going on.

Offwidth 23 Nov 2020
In reply to FBSF:

If this is Newstones, that is sometimes almost d!ck central. Delicate rock often climbed when still damp despite the warnings in the guidebooks. D!ckish parking too often on display. Moronic noise pollution despite the proximity to the house. More likely to see chalk abuse and over brushing.

On a similar subject the Almscliff wall walkers are back, despite the importance of not doing such stupid sh!t, to retain access.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/crag_access/almscliff-727853

Post edited at 10:54
 Barneyscreek 26 Nov 2020
In reply to FBSF:

Driving to the peak it seemed that everyone not just climbers had descended last weekend, parking like prats and not thinking it through for access or safety the road from Curbar to Gardoms north was full of parked cars in verge's god knows what would have happened if a service vehicle would have had to make pass.

Firstly I 100% agree and do not condone kn*bish behaviour especially in these times when tempers and frustration are higher than usual. However,

I'm hoping that as you felt the need to say something (good on you too for this) that it was an educative informative conversation (at a safe distance of course) about the reasons not too conduct themselves like they were and not a tirade of swearing and abuse which ultimately has had probably had zero affect.

Like I said before I agree to approach such issues head on, but in a non-abusive and calm manor and so the end result is further education to the reasons we need to be thoughtful.

I do as well feel that because the walls are partly responsible for the (I know I have used this word a lot) education of climbing outdoors and helping people understand behaviours and respect.

P.s before anyone says it no I wasn’t there. Its just an opinion..

joem 26 Nov 2020
In reply to FBSF:

Its okay the walls will be open again soon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...