UKC

Help me with my uni project about bouldering!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
juliagrz 24 Nov 2020

Hi everyone! Not strictly climbing related, but I still hope I can catch your attention

I am currently doing a study on technology with a focus on outdoor bouldering apps. If you could take 5 minutes to take my survey I would be extremely extremely grateful, as you will be helping me complete my project, receive a better mark and perhaps get a chance to reflect on what kind of app we actually need when climbing outdoors.

I'd like to say thank you in advance and I wish everyone a great day!

Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K8ZSDT7

DaveHK 24 Nov 2020
In reply to juliagrz:

People who don't currently use an app can't answer several of the questions and therefore can't submit. You should either make these optional or make it clear that you only want input from current app users.

Bobling 24 Nov 2020
In reply to juliagrz:

Done - I tried my hardest despite not being appy generally.  Good luck with it!

Luke90 24 Nov 2020
In reply to Bobling:

> I tried my hardest despite not being appy generally.

That's a shame, you generally come across as quite a cheerful chap on 'ere.

cb294 24 Nov 2020
In reply to juliagrz:

One of the better surveys I have seen. However, I am still wondering what the scientific rigour of such projects really is. I would expect a completed masters thesis of my students to contain publishable results.

I have therefore submitted my answers, but would like to ask you a question in return:

How do you ensure that your answers are in any way representative for the target audience of such an app (either, which features to include for a specific audience, or which audience to target)? What are the questions you want to address with the help of our answers?

If I had to design such a questionaire (and I have no experience in that, as I a am a natural scientist not a social scientist) I would certainly include questions that are not aimed at the project as such, but at getting an idea of who your respondents really are.

No need to be representative of the entire population, but even UKC users, who by definition do use online channels to talk about climbing, are a rather diverse bunch!

CB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...