UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: South Wales Rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 30 Nov 2020
South Wales Rock

From the Brecon Beacons through The Valleys and onto the Coast, this guide contains 1500 of the best routes in South Wales. This guidebook is the first joint venture by the Climbers' Club after 110 years of guidebook publishing; working with the South Wales Climbing Wiki (SWCW) to produce this select guide with a difference. It's a ground breaking hybrid guide that combines the convenience of a select book with the completeness of a comprehensive guide.

Read more
 henwardian 30 Nov 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Looks cool, some really inspiring photos in the article too.

One question though - when you have loads of really cool photos, why would you pick a very average one for the front cover?!

Ben Callard 30 Nov 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

This looks great, I'll probably buy a copy. The crag map seems a bit confusing, it has the Gap on the wrong side of the road, and Quakers Yard station where the crag is. I guess that bit of the map is a bit congested.  

The Pylon King 30 Nov 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Does look like it has great content, really well done! Glad to see the South Wales trad getting a good look in again as it deserves. That cover shot though...ooofff!!!

ChrisBrooke 30 Nov 2020
In reply to The Pylon King:

>  That cover shot though...ooofff!!!

Yes, one might be left with the impression that the best the place has to offer is green scrot.

The Pylon King 30 Nov 2020
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

Maybe it is supposed to be ironic? Like what GWR did with the Wye Valley Sport cover!

Doug 30 Nov 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

The map suggests it doesn't cover the Gower which I always thought was in South Wales.

AJM 30 Nov 2020
In reply to Doug:

There's already a Gower select out there, I thought also tied to the folk from the wiki.

I had initially hoped this would cover the Gower too, given the more recent development of Shipwreck etc that isn't in the existing Gower select.

GrahamD 30 Nov 2020
In reply to Doug:

> The map suggests it doesn't cover the Gower which I always thought was in South Wales.

Ditto Pembroke and bits of the Wye valley.  Still seems like a sensible title to me.

jon 30 Nov 2020
In reply to The Pylon King:

That shot of the brilliant looking Berlin, cropped into portrait, would surely have been better.

Esoterical 12 Dec 2020
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

> >  That cover shot though...ooofff!!!

> Yes, one might be left with the impression that the best the place has to offer is green scrot.

Yes, if you are the type to judge a book by its cover...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...