UKC

Wrong CD in brand new PS4 game

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 25 Dec 2020

My daughters just opened her brand new sealed PS 4 Call of Duty black ops game that we bought her from Tesco’s and found a scratched Enrique Inglesias inside. Absolutely shocked. This wasn’t even off the shelf in the shop, the staff had to bring it over from a safe room they had the games stored in. Is this a scam from somewhere in the supply chain as it was sealed and it’s never left our house since we purchased it. Googled it but nothing came up 

Andypeak 25 Dec 2020
In reply to andyd1970:

Sounds like some chancer in the supply chain. Seems to be the only logical option. I once bought a bottle of gin that turned out to be full of water. 

Hopefully Tesco's will sort you out with a new one

OP andyd1970 25 Dec 2020
In reply to Andypeak:

I’m sure it’s not a one off and hopefully they will sort a new game out for my daughter, who was really gutted. I would of been gutted with the Gin though

Dave the Rave 25 Dec 2020
In reply to andyd1970:

Was Bailendo one of the tracks on the CD 

aln 26 Dec 2020
In reply to andyd1970:

>  Absolutely shocked.

Really? I'd have been more bemused than shocked. 

FactorXXX 26 Dec 2020
In reply to aln:

> Really? I'd have been more bemused than shocked. 

If I'd been inadvertently exposed to the possibility of listening to a Enrique Iglesias CD, then I too would have been shocked.
In fact, I would go as far to say that I would have been  mortified by it... 🤯😱

Dax H 26 Dec 2020
In reply to andyd1970:

I wonder if they will try to deny the replacement. It would be an easy thing to claim happened but no way to prove it and in 40 years gaming I have never seen or heard of it happening. 

I'm not trying to say you are not being truthful by the way. 

Big Steve 26 Dec 2020
In reply to andyd1970:

I used to work in a huge distribution centre for DVDs, they also had the contract for Morrissons DVDs and Games returns. This sort of thing was very common, customers would buy expensive games and films, take out the disc and replace with something else then take it back to the shop for a refund. The products came back to us where they would go through the returns process where they should have been checked but more often that not were just rewrapped, re-stickered and put back into general stock, which means that the wrong discs were sent out over and over again until someone physically checked. Unfortunately it was just not possible to 100% check everything due to the huge volumes going through every day. It was very hard for anybody within the warehouse to switch discs and get away with it, and I cant see any other facilities having less security that we had on site. 

wercat 26 Dec 2020
In reply to Big Steve:

That is an extremely plausible explanation for how that substitution was made.

OP andyd1970 26 Dec 2020
In reply to andyd1970:

Spoken to the store manager at Tesco’s and their response has been great so far. They are trying to get me a replacement ASAP from another store and have said they will give me a good will gesture when I come into store. They couldn’t apologise enough. 

OP andyd1970 26 Dec 2020
In reply to Big Steve:

I think you are right Steve. Sounds more likely 

Dax H 26 Dec 2020
In reply to Big Steve:

That's probably why most places won't take games back if the seal has been broken. That and the ability to copy them. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...