UKC

NEWS: Further Threats to Access for Australia's Grampians

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Jan 2021
Ben Bransby on Eau Rouge (23) at The Lost World

The saga in Australia's Grampians continues as Parks Victoria have released a draft of their management plan for the area. If the plan is adopted, it would mean that access to roughly 80% of the existing climbing would be banned. 

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

Emailed Parks Victoria.

Let's go people! fill up their inbox!!!

robin mueller 22 Jan 2021
In reply to UKC News:

There's is also a very thorough response here, which seeks to help improve the management plan by addressing the problematic issues one by one.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/grampiansbouldering/permalink/378104210531365...

Easy to add your name in support, just leave a message in the comments.

Post edited at 13:41
 Ramon Marin 22 Jan 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Done. Let's fill their inboxes indeed!

wbo2 22 Jan 2021
In reply to UKC News: I can't help thinking that insisting on the right to bush camp is separate to the climbing bit, and not very helpful.  However I'm not local so it might be important?

Also chalk use only to be coloured chalk doesn't seem a bad thing either.

Vigier 22 Jan 2021
In reply to UKC News:

Sure the caption under the first photo is correct? A couple of hours ago I got almost the same photograph from a friend and the caption says it is his son climbing Eau Rouge ( 26)?

In reply to Vigier:

It's definitely correct, as I was the one that took it

I suspect there's a fair few shots out there that are very similar to it though, as it's a spectacularly photogenic route. 

chrisru 26 Jan 2021
In reply to robin mueller:

Reads like a model answer for how to methodically address access concerns while fully acknowledging other viewpoints.

Rob Parsons 26 Jan 2021
In reply to Vigier:

> Sure the caption under the first photo is correct? A couple of hours ago I got almost the same photograph from a friend and the caption says it is his son climbing Eau Rouge ( 26)?

It's 23: https://www.thecrag.com/en/climbing/australia/grampians/the-lost-world/rout...

Lurking Dave 26 Jan 2021
In reply to UKC News:

ll for the support, it really is needed. I'm just back from a few days in Arapiles... sadly what is happening in the Grampians is starting there too, large sections of the crag are 'restricted' so no climbing.

Please if you have 2 minutes email, or post on Facebook links above - once we have lost these resources they will be gone.

LD

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...