UKC

Lancashire Sports Repairs waterproof reproofing e

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Exile 28 Jan 2021

I have two jackets and a pair of waterproof trousers that could so with reproofing. I am considering doing it myself , but am happy to pay if I think I'll get a better quality reproof. So, I've looked at Lancashire Sports Repairs reproofing service, which is affordable, and was wondering if anyone had experience of using this service, or comparison with doing it yourself?

Many thanks

phil456 28 Jan 2021
In reply to Exile:

I found the garment to be better than when brand new.

No comparison with DIY

Excellent company  

ebdon 28 Jan 2021
In reply to Exile:

I've used them, quite slow turn around times if their busy but excellent results. Much better than my efforts with a washing machine and some nikwax which only ever seems to last a few outings. If you don't mind the extra expense well worth it.

yorkshire_lad2 29 Jan 2021
In reply to Exile:

I have always found LSR to be very helpful and friendly and approachable.  I mainly use them for resoling hiking boots, which I'm happy with (only had one unsatisfactory resoling in approx 20 years).  I usually drop my gear off and pick it up (can usually find a reason to pass Burnley, but not of late, obvs).  I get waterproof jacket washed and reproofed occasionally: washing is a good idea, and reproofing improves the beading. But after the second or third wash/reproof, the beading doesn't last as long, which I put down to the material of the jacket and not to LSR's abilities.  And I've tried DIY and made a mess of an expensive jacket.

meggies 29 Jan 2021
In reply to Exile:

Excellent company - recommended

ColdWill 29 Jan 2021
In reply to Exile:

Not used the re-proofing service but had some garments repaired. The service was excellent and the garments as good as new.

Post edited at 10:02

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...