UKC

ARTICLE: Room 101 - Toby Dunn's Worst Climbing Experiences

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 11 Feb 2021
The author experiencing the friction slab of Needlespoon (5.10aR), Tuolumne Meadows

Toby Dunn casts his mind back to ten climbing experiences of which he's not proud; overly enthusiastic interpretations of forecasts, climbing offwidths without a top, and partaking in some extra-curricular bouldering activities, amongst other things...

Read more
 Sean Kelly 11 Feb 2021
In reply to UKC Articles:

Thanks for posting Toby. Now what exactly is the holding power of a gorse bush for a belay? Something I have often pondered as bought up my partner!

David Alcock 11 Feb 2021

Gave me laugh - we've all been there. Barn Owl Crack gave me a right giggle. I soloed it in the wintry, pissing rain in the gloaming when I was 16 and just starting out - 87/88 - rather cold and unpleasant I recall! God knows why. Just keen and stupid I suppose. 

Stu_Paton 11 Feb 2021

Brilliant article, can well relate to a number of these! 

olddirtydoggy 11 Feb 2021

As soon as I saw Pywiack Dome, Tuolumne Meadows I knew where that was going. A few years back we were on exactly the same bit of rock and the friction pitches are terrifying. Run out, blank and the heat from the sun is exhausting. Memorable for all the wrong reasons.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...