UKC

Trisar 2D as an alternative to Quasar tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Sansum 03 Mar 2021

Hi,

I am wondering if there is anyone on here who has had a Quasar previously and has subsequently bought a Trisar 2D tent? I really liked my Quasar. The Trisar 2D at first glance looks very similar. Just wondering if I am likely to be disappointed if I spend half the cost of a Quasar to buy the Trisar 2D? How do they compare? Do you think the Trisar will fall apart more quickly, and does everything feel inferior?

Thanks,

Chris

rj_townsend 03 Mar 2021
In reply to Chris Sansum:

I'm in exactly this position - I had an exceedingly ancient Quasar, then a MH Trango 3.1 and now have the Trisar 2D. The Trisar is perfectly solid and actually more livable-in than the Quasar or Trango as its a bit higher in the middle.

In terms of materials, I have no worries about it standing up to hefty storms - the poles are fine and flysheet is still feeling solid after three or four years.

My only gripe with the tent is the multiple tie-back options on the flysheet doors as they're pointless and just get caught in the zip, and the window with a cover flap in the doors also feels a bit unnecessary. The design may have been updated on latest models.

Considering the price is about a third of a new Quasar, it felt like a good punt which has paid off without any worries.

OP Chris Sansum 03 Mar 2021
In reply to rj_townsend:

Thanks, that’s useful! Could the tie-back options be removed by cutting them off?

rj_townsend 03 Mar 2021
In reply to Chris Sansum:

> Thanks, that’s useful! Could the tie-back options be removed by cutting them off?

Yes, without a doubt. I've been meaning to chop them off mine but never seem to have the penknife in easy reach at the precise moment they're enraging me...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...