UKC

REVIEW: Boulder Britain 2nd Edition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 05 Mar 2021
Boulder Britain 2nd Edition Review

As well as being a fantastic resource that shines a light on some hitherto under-publicised areas, this guidebook is fun through and through, says Rob Greenwood - and that's what bouldering is all about (apart from the grades...).

Read more
 Arms Cliff 05 Mar 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

Rob: Mynydd Dinas has a few decent problems, but I preferred the nearby Preseli, great rock quality and outlook, and you can feel the pagan history https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/preseli-24379#maps

There is also some decent if limited beach bouldering spots too, which are excellent family venues. 

In reply to Arms Cliff:

I might have to amend my wording there, as I was being a little unfair - not least because this is exactly the sort of place I'd love to go next time I'm down (and it does sound lovely).

On a similar note, we went for a nice family walk around the Marloes Peninsula when we were down in Pembroke last year. We didn't get a chance to do any of the bouldering at Marloes Sands, but would definitely go back because of how good the beach was. From a family perspective it's hard to beat a nice beach that just so happens to have some bouldering on it. Fun for all the family

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...