UKC

SPOTLIGHT: New Clothing Spring/Summer '21

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 11 Mar 2021
Spotlight: Clothing

Next up in our Spotlight Trade Show is the clothing category. Once again, we've asked brands to tell us about their products that are hitting the market now and they've shown us their best new jackets, crag and casual clothing, running wear and everything in between:

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

As per the previous thread, feel free to fire across any questions you might have.

More often than not we got a whole load of behind the scenes information on each and every product before/after we started filming; however, in the name of keeping things compact we tried to keep the videos themselves short and to the point (or at least as short and to the point as you can get with an interviewer who rambles on as much as I do...).

I Will Miss the Tasman Blue colour for the Tupilack atmo  

Post edited at 19:57
 Madmax245 12 Mar 2021

I wish mountain equipment would make leg lengths that are actually long

gneiss boots 13 Mar 2021
In reply to Madmax245: Agreed. Such a shame for me and at 34” inside leg I doubt I am even amongst the tallest here. Rab still do some long leg (though worryingly less than before it seems) but otherwise it has to be Haglofs, Fjallraven etc. 

Madmax245 13 Mar 2021
In reply to gneiss boots:

Yeh I’m a 36 leg 32 waist and most brands apart from fjallraven and mammut are too short. 

SebCa 14 Mar 2021
In reply to Madmax245:

Another one to the list, 35" inside leg, ME need to take a lesson from Fjallraven and consider the longer legged person!

afx22 14 Mar 2021
In reply to Madmax245:

Just to balance things out - I find many brands way too long in the leg.  I’m a 31 or 32 waist and need a 30” leg.  

This is especially an issue in wet conditions, where the trousers soak up moisture, get heavy and sometimes drag on the ground and get caught under my feet.

It’s nice when brands offer a choice of leg lengths but I appreciate this only works for the brands and shops if sales volume is high enough.

Post edited at 17:15
 Qwertilot 17 Mar 2021
In reply to afx22:

Except that they can seemingly justify an endlessly diverse range of options. Maybe it makes sense somehow.

I (37" IL, ~32 waist) keep dreaming of tailoring taking off at some point, maybe when they manage to make robots able to do it. It'd be a win for a lot of people.

Rohan are quite a reliable source of long leg options. They even briefly toyed with extra long length trousers a few years back but that didn't stick.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...