UKC

BMC membership cards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy2 12 Mar 2021

Not sure if this is the right forum...

I'm a member of a BMC-affiliated club. I've just received my annual Summit magazine in the post, along with a BMC membership card. So far so good. But the membership card has an expiry date of 31/03/2021, i.e. in less than three weeks time!

Is this just me?

Is this deliberate, or a c*ck-up?

Trangia 12 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

Why not ask the BMC?

spenser 12 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

Probably worth emailing the office, my club upgrade membership card runs until June this year. No sign of my copy of Summit magazine yet (postie doesn't arrive until 13:00 around here though). 

Durkules 12 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

I've just had mine through the post too, the expiry date is 31/03/2022.

Forest Dump 12 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

I've got the magazine but no card..

Mark Kemball 12 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

Thanks for the heads up - I hadn't realised my membership card was attached. Forest, the card should be bottom right of the sheet of paper with your address on it.

OP Andy2 12 Mar 2021
In reply to Mark Kemball:

Mark - What's the date on your card? We're in the same BMC-affiliated club (CC)

Mark Kemball 12 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

31st March 2022.

OP Andy2 12 Mar 2021

Thanks Mark. I'll get in touch with the BMC.

OP Andy2 13 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

Right, you can all stop worrying about this. Today, without prompting, I received another Summit magazine in the post, plus a membership card dated to 31/3/2022.

Rich K 13 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

I got my Summit today but definitely no card attached

Martin Haworth 13 Mar 2021
In reply to Rich K:

Same here

Mark Kemball 13 Mar 2021
In reply to Rich K:

It is printed at the bottom right of the address paper (easy to miss).

johnt 13 Mar 2021

Aye, missed mine and had to retrieve it from the bin - i'm glad i read this thread.... 

Rich K 15 Mar 2021

I checked it thoroughly but there wasn’t a card attached

scope 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Rich K:

Its not "attached" as such. You have to cut it out yourself, and its barely even made of card.

1philjones1 15 Mar 2021
In reply to scope:

Just received my Summit mag but definitely no card and nothing to cut out that could be described as a card.

l’ve emailed the BMC and will update this when they respond.

Phil

jbrom 15 Mar 2021
In reply to 1philjones1:

Summit mag arrived today. But nothing remotely resembling a membership card was present. Would be good to hear what the BMC say to you about it, thanks for saying you will keep us updated.

Alex Messenger, BMC 15 Mar 2021

Hi everyone

As the spring issue of Summit goes out to all BMC individual and club members, we save postage by using it to also send the membership cards to our club members (as clubs usually all renew to the same date each year). 

Individual membership cards are mailed directly to you and not included in the Summit mailing. 

U27 digital-only members don't get sent a physical membership card. 

The good news is that we're currently overhauling our members login which will make getting your digital card much easier to find and keep on your phone. 

If anyone has any questions, get in touch through office@thebmc.co.uk and the membership team will be in touch as soon as they can. 

Hope this helps. 

scope 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Alex Messenger, BMC:

The good news for me this year was that club members got a physical card! A 100% improvement on last year. Many thanks.

afx22 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

I’m glad there was a leaflet in there for Harry’s Razors.  That’ll put me up a grade, or keep me dry when I get caught out up a mountain with the wrong clothing.  Thanks Harry’s

GrahamD 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy2:

After retrieving the adress sheet from the recycling bin to get my 'card', its March 2022 so all good here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...