UKC

REVIEW: Mountain Equipment Vega Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 23 Mar 2021
It's cut generously, to fit easily over other layers

A high quality midweight down jacket, the Vega is perfect from everything from bouldering and winter hillwalking, through to winter alpinism and expeditions, says Tom Ripley. And crucially, it won't look out of place down the pub or at the Kendal Mountain Festival - whenever such things are allowed again!

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

That really is dedication to the cause: climbing the 1938 route on the North Face of the Eiger just so you could review this jacket

wbo2 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:you could charge overtime for an unplanned night out.

I have a 2018 Vega and it's very usable.   Also luckily I'm short enough for it to cover my butt 

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

It’s a hard job, but someone’s got to do it. Was roasting on the bivi!

In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

> It’s a hard job, but someone’s got to do it. Was roasting on the bivi!

I'm jealous. My overriding memory of that bivi was one of being very, very cold...

Spragg247 26 Mar 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Couldn't agree more. This is a cracking jacket. It goes in my bag almost every time I head out from ski tours to alpine climbs to wild camping and I even use it walking the dog on a cold morning! Used it down to -20 and I was warm enough when walking with a mid layer and base layer under neath. Hood is outstanding with or without a helmet. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...