UKC

Camping in Dorset

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jerry67 06 Apr 2021

Does anyone know of a campsite near Swanage open from April 12?

Thanks, Jerry

In reply to Jerry67:

Do you want campsite suggestions in that area, or definitely open campsites?

The usual suspects like Tom's Field and Acton will come up, but you might also look down the hill at Woodyhyde, Burnbake and others. A bit further away.

NorthernGrit 06 Apr 2021
In reply to Jerry67:

April 12th is individual toilet/wash facilities isn't it? So assumed not many campsites would be open. Only self catering or glamping with their own facilities....?

OP Jerry67 06 Apr 2021
In reply to NorthernGrit:

Can’t I just wash in a bucket? Here’s hopeful...

OP Jerry67 06 Apr 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

Definitely open please, if you know of any. Will look at your suggestions.

TobyA 06 Apr 2021
In reply to Jerry67:

They can't open because they don't have self contained facilities. 

Cú Chullain 07 Apr 2021
In reply to Jerry67:

As mentioned already Tom's Field is a decent spot but you do need to book in advance. It's in a cracking spot just off the Pilgrims Trail and Jurrasic coastline. Square and Compass pub is about a 15m walk away. Other options include Downshay Farm and Acton Field. Be wary though as there seem to be more pop up campsites in this neck of the woods, not so bad if you are self contained otherwise you could find yourself with no showers and a chemical toilet shared with 200 people.

LastBoyScout 07 Apr 2021
In reply to Jerry67:

You could try Swanage Bijou Camping on Victoria Avenue.

It's pretty basic and, while not self-contained, the wash block (and I use the term extremely loosely) is basically a few sinks on the side of the main building and is as open to the elements as it is possible to be.

Therefore, it is about the only one I can think of that would have a chance of opening.

Edit - there's a picture on Google that gives an idea of the facilities.

Post edited at 10:43
 LastBoyScout 07 Apr 2021
In reply to Jerry67:

> Can’t I just wash in a bucket? Here’s hopeful...

In which case you could just bivvy somewhere, like Winspit quarry?

LastBoyScout 07 Apr 2021
In reply to Jerry67:

There's also Swanage Bijou Glamping, which may have self-contained pods.

Herston Valley have log cabins for hire and used to do yurts, which may be self-contained.

Combe Farm would be the next one out for glamping, but I've never stayed there, so can't comment.

oldie 07 Apr 2021
In reply to Cú Chullain:

> As mentioned already Tom's Field is a decent spot but you do need to book in advance. <

I think from Apr 12th that only allows campervans which must have their own facilities ie strictly no tents.. You'd need to check.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...