UKC

REVIEW: Unparallel Flagship

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 11 May 2021

Sitting at the top of Unparallel's range, the Flagship is a good performance all-rounder both indoors and out, says Rob Greenwood, with its focus firmly on edging. But with quite a specific fit, it would pay to try before you buy!

Read more

MJAngry 11 May 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

You say small piece of plastic....

I say shoehorn!

https://www.google.com/search?q=shoehorn

RobertKett 11 May 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

An interesting review, thank you.

In reply to MJAngry:

> I say shoehorn!

That'd certainly help! Have you tried them out of interest? Always interesting to hear how other people have got on...

MJAngry 13 May 2021
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Yeah, I sometimes use the ubiquitous snake shoehorn from IKEA. Which is great for its form and function. But not so much at the Crag. But even one you get out of a Xmas cracker would go well to the Crag. 

Wft 14 May 2021
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I find the TN Pros have exactly the same issue for me, far too narrow at the heel for slipping on without a tendon-risking pull . 

planetmarshall 14 May 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

It's interesting you say you wear your street shoe size - I haven't tried the Flagship (difficult to justify for the kind of routes I typically find myself on) - but I did try the VCS in Outside and James T was saying that they come up very large.

I find the same as you, and my "ideal" fit is close to my street shoe size - I can only assume James likes his shoes very tight, or that the bigger sizes (I think he has size 11) come up much larger.

Tyler 14 May 2021
In reply to Wft:

Better than normal plastic bags (and shoe horns which won’t work so well on bare skin, too inflexible etc.) are the plastic bags inside cereal boxes cut into squares. Quite robust and frictionless, many years of 5:10 wearing and an aversion to pain have led nme to this conclusion 

Post edited at 10:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...