UKC

best Peak district sport guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JohntheKidd 08 Jul 2021

Hey im planning a trip to the peak district soon and was going to buy the rockfax eastern grit book for trad and bouldering but was looking to do some sport aswell . what guides would people recommend ? looking for more of a best of style guide if there is one with climbing in the 6a-7b range

any help would be great 

Thanks 

In reply to JohntheKidd:

Use Gary Gibson's website (sportsclimbs.uk). Download assorted topos, & make a (voluntary) donation to his bolting fund........

Post edited at 20:48
OP JohntheKidd 09 Jul 2021
In reply to buxtoncoffeelover:

thats great thanks i’ll check it out 

In reply to JohntheKidd:

Rockfax Peak Limestone gives the most up-to-date print coverage available for Peak Sport - https://rockfax.com/climbing-guides/books/peak-limestone/

Alternatively, subscribe to Rockfax Digital for a month for £6 and get everything on your phone - https://rockfax.digital

NOTE - the Peak Limestone data on Rockfax Digital has been updated three times since the Peak Limestone Rockfax was published in April 2020 with minor tweaks and a few new routes. It also contains 19 crags not included in the print version.

Alan

TobyA 09 Jul 2021
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

> NOTE - the Peak Limestone data on Rockfax Digital has been updated three times since the Peak Limestone Rockfax was published in April 2020 with minor tweaks and a few new routes.

And amazingly (and this isn't a criticism at all) even the updates are now out of date at least in a few places! We were climbing in Goddard's last night and having to go between the app and the UKC logbooks online to work out which routes were which! 

Gary Gibson 09 Jul 2021
In reply to buxtoncoffeelover: it’s sportsclimbs.co.uk

Gary Gibson 09 Jul 2021
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Or just use sportsclimbs.co.uk for free?

In reply to Gary Gibson:

Thank you for the correction. My search engine knows what I want & takes me there even without the correct address!!

And thank you for the valuable resource 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...