UKC

Rockfax App crashing when I open a crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rhaegalex 12 Jul 2021

Bought the app 2 days ago for a short peaks trip, thought I'd have a look around at different crags after getting home and now it just crashes when I open most places. 

I've tested a few so far and the only one that has opened is Engelswand from the Austria section. None from the peaks, lakes or Dorset open, and I haven't tried more

OP Rhaegalex 12 Jul 2021
In reply to Rhaegalex:

Ive tried redownloading and preperly restarting my phone with no success

In reply to Rhaegalex:

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. I'll send you an email just now and see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,
Martin

In reply to Rhaegalex:

We're now aware of an issue this morning and are looking into it currently. We'll post updates as we have them.

Cheers,
Martin

ebdon 12 Jul 2021
In reply to Rhaegalex:

Probably its the tech goblins that live in you're phone and work the app being horrified by the use of 'peaks' 😉

Post edited at 11:32
 TradRat 12 Jul 2021
In reply to Rhaegalex:

I think the app only broke yesterday or something like that; hopefully these nice people will fix it for us soon.

P.

In reply to Rhaegalex:

Been having the same issue, updated the app at the weekend now it crashes when I try to open a crag, or it opens the wrong crag then flashes back to the crag list then crashes.

Sony Xperia Z Android phone if that makes any difference.

In reply to Rhaegalex:

Hi all,

We think we've identified what's causing the issue. We're working on a fix at this end to resolve the problem.

If you know of a crag that was crashing before please try again. Let me know if you are still expereiencing the problem / if it's fixed and also if you can include the name of the crag, that would be very helpful.

If you are still experiencing this issue and need to use the app to view topos, you should still be able to do this via the "Routes" tab on the main screen. You can filter that list by crag name / routes name etc and navigate to the topo.

Thanks,
Martin

In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

I'm still having issues trying to open crags.

Masson Lees

Almscliff

Brimham rocks

Otley Chevin/ Caley

Ilkley

Burbage north

Burabge South

Lawrencefield

Rivelin

Stanage North/ Popular/ Plantation

Its pretty much all the crags I've downloaded are unavailable/ not opening (the above is not a complete list).

There are green "recycle" arrows next to some of the crags and when I press them they start rotating then crash the app.

I can click on an available crag,  at the top of my downloaded list then scroll through to other crags but when I try to select a crag from halfway down the downloaded crags list nothing happens. Trying to click through to tops crashes the app as well.

TradRat 12 Jul 2021

Hi Martin, all Portland crags are still crashing the app for me, as well as any other that I try to download.

In reply to Boris's Johnson:

Unfortunatly it looks like some users that opened crags during last night / this morning now have corrupted crag data on their device.

This isn't great, as the only immediate fix will now be to is to clear your apps data or reinstall the app. Obviously that means you will need to download the crags you had install again.

I'll send you an email with some extra information just now.

I'm sorry for the hassle that'll cause. We're working on a fix so this shouldn't occour again.

Cheers,
Martin

In reply to TradRat:

Can you try downloading a crag from an area that you have not downloaded from before? Maybe one of the European crags. If that is a success / failure can you let me know? 

Cheers,
Martin

No worries, thanks for your continued help with this.

Edit to add:

Uninstalled and re-installed the app, signed back in and downloaded a couple of areas.

Bamford- works fine.

Masson Lees- crashes the app when I open it.

Post edited at 13:43
 TradRat 12 Jul 2021

Hi Martin

I’ve reinstalled the app and downloaded Dorset again (instead of following your instructions – sorry!) and everything works. Thanks a lot for the rapid fix. Will make my climbing tomorrow easier (less pumpy for sure).

Pavel

Thats worrying, but I will look at that crag shortly. Grabbing lunch but back in 30mins.

Masson Lees now working fine.

Did you reinstall/wipe the apps data to get that working or did it start working? When you reported it not working, it looked like the data the app was recieving was not complete, however now it looks good.

It would be good to know just so I can advise people what to do.

Thanks for all the feedback. It's been invaluable.

Cheers,
Martin

I reinstalled the app and signed back in and all my downloaded crags had gone, then I downloaded the Bamford crag and after that had completed I downloaded Masson lees.

I opened Bamford up with no issues, scrolled through the pages etc to test it out, no issues, then pressed the back button to get back to Downloaded crags and pressed Masson Lees, the topo opened for a second or two then the screen reverted back to the list of downloaded crags and I had a phone system message saying the app wasn't responding. Closed the app then went off to do a bit of work, when I returned and opened the app to check Masson Lees again it was all working fine.

>When you reported it not working, it looked like the data the app was recieving was not complete, however now it looks good.

The loading icon for Masson Lees had finished so I opened it up as soon as it did, maybe I jumped the gun a bit and it was just finishing off when I opened the topo, not sure. Ghosts in the machine maybe.

Thanks for your help in sorting this issue, I've really enjoyed using the app over this past year and would like to carry on with my subscription. This is the first real problem I've encountered and must say the support has been excellent.

Murd 12 Jul 2021

For the last week or so when open masson Lees in the app it goes to Blacknor far  south, don't know if this is a related problem?

In reply to Murd:

Hi Murd,

I suspect this isn't related.

There's an update coming that fixes a bug one the crags list going to the wrong crag, however this seems to be on crags that are now yet downloaded. I've not seen what you describe yet so I'll take a look.

Cheers,
Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...