UKC

Women's running knickers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 07 Aug 2021

My wife has got very into her running this year - she's even training for a 1/2 marathon - but is struggling to find a pair of running knickers to wear under her shorts/tights.

Obviously, she wants something wicking and breathable and her favourite cotton ones are completely the wrong thing for running.

I know she's tried a couple of pairs from a couple of running shops, but they've not been the right fit.

Any suggestions gratefully received - she's size 6-8.

girlymonkey 07 Aug 2021
In reply to LastBoyScout:

My favourites are very lightweight merino ones. Far less smelly than synthetic ones

Sealwife 07 Aug 2021

I was given a pack of Under Armour lightweight no VPL knickers for Xmas and I definitely would not recommend them. Other than being nice, smooth wicking fabric they do all the wrong things - they manage to give me a wedgie AND fall down at the same time, which takes some doing!

My favourite knickers for running are actually Modibodi period pants- nice dry-feel fabric and decent elastic at the top and round the legs so they stay in place and don’t chafe.  I ran a half marathon in them last week and they kept me completely comfortable 

cathsullivan 07 Aug 2021

Opinions vary on this but she might find the best option is to go commando.

HomerTheFat 07 Aug 2021

Runderwear

SouthernSteve 07 Aug 2021
In reply to HomerTheFat:

> Runderwear

These are good for me - but I am a boy!  

Commando is a not uncommon choice for people wearing lycra-type shorts, you can get the 'skort' variety for a less revealing look

I recommend some industrial lubricant for the longer races whatever.

wert 07 Aug 2021

I find M&S’s flexifit modal knickers comfortable and wicking for running. They do various styles to choose from(bikini, low rise shorts, high rise etc.) and are cheap.

FactorXXX 08 Aug 2021

Probably not a lot of help to you, but I keep reading the Thread Title as 'Women Ruining Knickers'.
However, my thoughts on how they might be ruining said knickers is probably best left unsaid...  🩲❓🙄

girlymonkey 08 Aug 2021

At the end of the day, women have a far greater variety of body shapes than men. So we have so many different shapes knickers. The shape which I find perfect might be all wrong for her. Sadly, it's a frustrating trial and error game. 

Toby_W 08 Aug 2021
In reply to HomerTheFat:

My wife loves her runderwear, they come throng and big backs to suit preferences and shape.

Cheers

Toby

John Alcock 08 Aug 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

Another vote for Rundewear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...