UKC

Is it that hard to make a double air mat that doesn't deflate?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Danbow73 21 Aug 2021

After waking up on the floor with an outwell dreamcatcher  mat I decided to invest in an exped deepsleep duo based on some on recommendations on here.

Used it for the first time last night and ended up on the floor again! Am I just unlucky or is this other peoples experience? My single thermarest prolite is going strong after 4 years! 

Andypeak 21 Aug 2021
In reply to Danbow73:

My £15 one from Yeoman's (shows its age) is still working after about 8 years. 

Marmolata 23 Aug 2021
In reply to Danbow73:

My Exped mat is working fine. Did youninflate it with the mini pump sack?

didntcomelast 23 Aug 2021
In reply to Danbow73:

On a slight tangent but related to double air mattresses my wife and I were kipping down on the living room floor of her brothers many years ago on a rubberised double air bed. Both of us were woken from sleep in the middle of the night by a sudden single popping sound, we both said “huh” when there was another pop followed by several others and the air bed stopped being bed shaped and became ball shaped throwing us both off in opposite directions. The hilarity of being thrown off the bed as the structural integrity broke down woke the house up. We spent the rest of the night on the sofa and a chair. 

Still makes us laugh about it today. 

olddirtydoggy 23 Aug 2021
In reply to Danbow73:

The Vango one is no better. We use a memory foam mattress now.

In reply to Danbow73:

Its fine, just share with someone heavier than you. I got the wrong end of this on a trip to Skye a few years ago. Woke up in the middle of the night on the floor, but my weight was enough to push all the air into my mates side, who was floating happily asleep. Tactics!

Durbs 24 Aug 2021
In reply to Danbow73:

Curious.

We've got a Vango 10cm deep double SIM and it's had a puncture for years. But given it's a self-inflator, this means we never actually end up on the floor - the most annoying this is you pack it down, then it slowly inflates on the journey to/from the campsite which can make the roof box REALLY hard to open when you arrive.

OP Danbow73 25 Aug 2021
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr:

Unless my partner puts on 30kg I'm screwed  - i'm the one that keeps her off the floor

OP Danbow73 25 Aug 2021
In reply to Marmolata:

I did top it up with my mouth - I don't know why they say to use the pump and then don't include it! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...