UKC

Crash pad couch - where to buy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drconline 22 Aug 2021

Hi folks, I’m considering getting a wooden crash Pad sofa/couch (like the Metolius one https://www.metoliusclimbing.com/crash-pad-couch.html ) for my son to take to uni.

(already has a petzl pad)

Anyone know a good uk source?

I’m not quite handy enough to make one myself unfortunately.

Appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Thanks

Dave

ebdon 22 Aug 2021
In reply to drconline:

Although that looks fun, wouldn't sitting on it all the time knacker the foam?

Jon Read 22 Aug 2021
In reply to drconline:

The only thing similar I've seen is on AlpineTrek -- you might be better off getting a secondhand futon frame?

thepodge 22 Aug 2021
In reply to drconline:

I often bring my pad home wet, muddy and with more sheep poo on it than I'd like. Last place I'd want it is in my front room for people to sit on. 

cragtyke 22 Aug 2021
In reply to thepodge:

That would probably be cleaner than one that's been used as a sofa in a student house.

thepodge 22 Aug 2021
In reply to cragtyke:

Very true

James Malloch 23 Aug 2021
In reply to drconline:

They had one in Outside in Hathersage yesterday. Whether is was for sale or just for show I'm not sure but might be worth giving them a call. 

PaulJepson 23 Aug 2021
In reply to drconline:

>  I’m not quite handy enough to make one myself unfortunately.

Don't put yourself down! Yes there are posh cnc'd ply models around but you don't need to be Tommy Walsh to chop up some old pallets: https://projectreclaim.co.uk/how-to-make-a-pallet-sofa/

Durbs 23 Aug 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

Beat me to it - even with minimal (and I mean minimal) woodworking skills you could whip up a pallett sofa, which optionally could then have a bouldering pad on it, or just some other cushions and soft things...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...