UKC

Cumbria tourist guide - climbing in the Lake District?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bulls Crack 30 Aug 2021

I ask you - birthplace of the sport and all - couldn't even use a photo from the area. 

https://www.cumbriatourism.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/CT-Holiday-Guide-...

jon 30 Aug 2021
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Or climbing, for that matter...

Lankyman 30 Aug 2021
In reply to Bulls Crack:

'you can also abseil down too!'

At least they're trying to save the descents from further erosion? More likely just further tourism w@nk-speak.

Post edited at 15:59
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Shock horror, lay person does not understand climbing

In reply to Bulls Crack:

But surely that's Honister! It even says so on the photo

steveb2006 30 Aug 2021
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Looks like Higgar Tor to me

OP Bulls Crack 30 Aug 2021
In reply to steveb2006:

Correct!

heleno 31 Aug 2021
In reply to Bulls Crack:

I once saw a guide to the Peak District which featured a picture of  Froggatt Edge, Waikato, New Zealand.

Post edited at 12:51
 John Gresty 31 Aug 2021
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Anybody remember the OS White Peak map that had a picture of the top of Malham Cove on the front cover. I gather they had a lot of complaints about that and changed it. The one I have in front of me at the moment now features the stepping stones in Dovedale.

John

Lankyman 31 Aug 2021
In reply to John Gresty:

> Anybody remember the OS White Peak map that had a picture of the top of Malham Cove on the front cover. I gather they had a lot of complaints about that and changed it. The one I have in front of me at the moment now features the stepping stones in Dovedale.

Not quite so bad, but I've seen lots of photos reproduced the 'wrong way round' in magazines and online. Must go back to the days of slides and negatives.

steveb2006 31 Aug 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> Not quite so bad, but I've seen lots of photos reproduced the 'wrong way round' in magazines and online. Must go back to the days of slides and negatives.

I remember the old orange Froggatt guide (my first guidebook) had a 'mirror image' photo of Synopsis. Probably why I found it so hard!

Pete O'Donovan 31 Aug 2021
OP Bulls Crack 31 Aug 2021
In reply to Pete O'Donovan:

Saw something similar on a Metro Yorkshire away-day rover ticket poster at my local station a few years ago.  I peered at the photo thinking: 'That's not Yorkshire - 3 low lines of limestone cliffs and odd-looking woods, then realised it wasn't even the UK - more like eastern Europe! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...