UKC

"Baffling" eBay sale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 13 Sep 2021

I've been looking for a lightweight camping mat for bike packing and keeping a vague eye on what's popping up on eBay, when I saw this item - 284442797344

It's clearly got blown baffles at one end, that are being sold as a pillow!

Pictures also show a possible repair by the valve that isn't mentioned in the description.

Bizarrely, it's got 4 bids! Unless someone's planning on doing what I'd do, which is chop the duff end off and glue a new seam, but I still wouldn't pay the current bid for it.

PaulJepson 13 Sep 2021
In reply to LastBoyScout:

I had the baffles go in the middle of my thermarest that was in a much less 'helpful' position than that one. I think it could have happened because I inflated it at night when the air was cold and then I left it in the tent when temps got up to 30+ and the air expanded? I dunno. It was a couple that went but then over the next few days it spread and more and more were going until I had a beachball in the middle of my mat. 

I can, however, confirm that Thermarest replaced it free of charge (as per their excellent lifetime warranty). 

So I dunno. Yes, it is fooked, but you might be able to replace it for a new one....

Seller’s name made me laugh; maybe there is nowt wrong with the whole thing!! 🥴

OP LastBoyScout 13 Sep 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

Yes, I had that with my first Thermarest - exactly the same scenario and outcome

leon 1 13 Sep 2021
In reply to LastBoyScout: Im particularly enamored by this ad on Gumtree that's been up for months for a Hilleberg pen with the quote that 'you wont be disappointed'

https://www.gumtree.com/p/tents/hilleberg-tent-pen/1405553222

Post edited at 11:14
 CantClimbTom 13 Sep 2021
In reply to leon 1:

> Im particularly enamored by this ad on Gumtree that's been up for months for a Hilleberg pen with the quote that 'you wont be disappointed'

Is that just the peg, or does the price include the loop of cord in the picture. Imagine how disappointed I'd be if it was the peg only. I'm not a member of gumtree, or else I'd be tempted to ask the seller that very question and also enquire if he offers an option for extended warranty

leon 1 13 Sep 2021
In reply to CantClimbTom: I think you'd be more disappointed that you cant actually write with it

JonLongshanks 13 Sep 2021

7 bids now - nearly £100! I hope the seller is genuinely unaware, otherwise shame on them for misleading less knowledgeable  buyers! 

yeti 13 Sep 2021

some days i wonder if they have internet access ....

we once sold a used polaroid camera on ebay for a couple of quid more than the same model new

to some one in london too,

some folk have no sense

Big Steve 13 Sep 2021
In reply to yeti:

Years ago I used to regularly buy any decent outdoorsy jackets from TK Maxx and sell them for a decent profit on ebay. Anything from Berghaus or North Face and you were quids in, thats how I used to pay for petrol when we went climbing

PPP 17 Sep 2021

There's a guy who's trying to sell La Sportiva Tempo running shorts on eBay. Listed as brand new with no tags, but he said he wore them for 15 minutes - usually running shorts are worn without a liner... 

It's an auction with a reserve and a Buy it Now price of £50. It's been re-listed 7 times now, with a highest bid of £26 that didn't meet the reserve. Last time it didn't get sold as the highest bid was £1.40! 

RRP of €87 is questionable for a brand that doesn't really focus on selling clothing, but I am genuinely curious what the seller is hoping to get for them. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...