UKC

BD micro stoppers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 19 Sep 2021

I took a maahoosive fall on to my no.3 yesterday. The placement blew but took quite a lot of force which has deformed the brass a bit, as it's a pretty small piece and I'm not entirely sure I trust it anymore so I looked on line for a replacement, but none of the usual suspects seem to stock it. Anyone know if this is a temporary supply issue or have BD stopped making them?

Jon Read 19 Sep 2021
In reply to ebdon:

There's no mention of the #3 on the BD website, curiously -- though it appears in the set picture. https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/product/micro-stoppers/

johnt 19 Sep 2021
In reply to ebdon:

They are not brass but an iron / copper mix.... More robust than brass or aluminium in hard rock (granite etc)...

OP ebdon 19 Sep 2021
In reply to johnt:

Sorry yes, I don't know why I thought they were brass. Either way mines gone a bit 'smeery' after being pulled at speed through the bottom of a crack.

Gawyllie 19 Sep 2021
In reply to ebdon:

I lost mine earlier in the year and still havn't managed to replace it.

Made a thread also but no joy 🙁

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/gear/bd_micro_stopper_3-737282?v=1#x94940...

OP ebdon 19 Sep 2021
In reply to Gawyllie:

How annoying, and a bit strange. The bd microstoppers may possible be one of my favourite bits of gear. Looks like I may be bringing bruised and battered trusty no.3 out of retirement for one last big job....

C Witter 19 Sep 2021
In reply to ebdon:

Perhaps the pandemic has simply led to supply/production issues? EpicTV promises a "preorder", so presumably they're expecting more to be made at some point? They do very nicely complement the DMM IMPs.

GrantM 19 Sep 2021
In reply to ebdon:

I've been looking for a set for a while, maybe they did a normal production run but more people bought trad gear during lockdown - they never seem to be restocked.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...