UKC

Fedw Fawr bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 21 Sep 2021

We’re thinking of going here later today - does anyone know what it’s like with tides?

Low tide isn’t until 18:20 today and with it being north facing I’m wondering what the conditions might be like as we wouldn’t be able to get to the boulders until 2-3 hours before I think (what I’m inferring from the guide).

Also what’s the approach like of we have dogs? Is the gulley sketchy? The guide doesn’t mention it but I found an old post on here talking about in situ hand lines.

Sherlock 21 Sep 2021
In reply to James Malloch:

Don't know about the gully, we didn't get that far. Overpowering heat,ticks, flies and bracken over our heads took the momentum out of our day! Bracken should be dying back now ?

OP James Malloch 21 Sep 2021
In reply to Sherlock:

> Don't know about the gully, we didn't get that far. Overpowering heat,ticks, flies and bracken over our heads took the momentum out of our day! Bracken should be dying back now ?

That doesn’t sound ideal! Was that recently?

OP James Malloch 21 Sep 2021

Got another response on UKB which suggests it’s not appropriate for dogs at the crag part:

> Rope access for crag no dogs. Boulders one sketch move with dogs but okay. 3hrs before HW fine. Wild braken but dying down now.

Sherlock 21 Sep 2021

> That doesn’t sound ideal! Was that recently?

No, August. Yeah, I know but the crag is North facing...we thought it would be alright!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...