UKC

Kids rock shoe recommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris_r 22 Sep 2021

My eldest kid no longer fits the bargain £25 Decathlon kids range of rock shoes, so it's time to look for a proper brand.

Has anyone got anything they'd recommend (or would avoid)? Indoor, grit and easy limestone for a 9 year old.

So far I've found

Boreal Ninja Junior/Ocun Rival/Five Ten Kirigami

Thanks,

Chris

PaulW 22 Sep 2021
In reply to chris_r:

kids shoes go up to about a UK 3. Beyond that you are in the adult range so much more expensive.

If they are smaller than size 3 then no specific suggestions other than the velcro tightener around the heel seems a good compromise to allow for growing room.

LastBoyScout 22 Sep 2021
In reply to chris_r:

My eldest has got a pair of Ninja Juniors - seem pretty good, got them on eBay for not much.

In reply to chris_r:

My cousin liked the Ninja juniors. Especially as they dyed his feet blue!!!

The Simmond lace up from decathlon seem popular and good value. Unsure of where their sizing starts though! Sorry

Update!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/climbing-shoes-rock/_/R-p-8899

These ^^^ start at UK 1.5 £34.99. Climbed with a guy in font who did 7b in them.

Post edited at 16:25
 springfall2008 23 Sep 2021
In reply to chris_r:

We usually ebay ours, kids grow so quickly you might as well get used ones. Scarpa seems to be a safe bet.

Jackspratt 23 Sep 2021
In reply to chris_r:

Have to say that the kirigami's are the best sellers at our wall out of any shoe, largely because they are comfy and unlike all other entry level shoes they have decent rubber with 5:10 putting the stealth rubber on them. pretty durable too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...